Florida Power & Light [FPL] / new service

Miami Florida, US

I have been so disappointed with the lack of answers and no accountability for the most atrocious handling of my request for new service. I am building a home in Palm Beach Gardens and have been dealing with a very nice gentleman with FPL called Michael Baldwin (Associate Engineer/ Jupiter Service Center). Our subcontractors have been working off of generators to get work done while we wait. We don't know what or who we're waiting for at this time because no one wants to take responsibility for the poor handling of this account. I'm sure its embarrassing. I understand the magnitude and devastation the Hurricane created in Florida but for the last 6 weeks I have waited for someone to enter an invoice so I can pay then I FedEx the payment to the directed address, it is received and signed for from an FPL employee. I called a week later and they can't help me so they suggest I do it again and hope for a better result! Really!!! I spoke to a supervisor that told me Engineering would handle the payment they can't locate...then Engineering tells me Customer Service dept has to handle the payment. Then they tell me I was misinformed or probably the clerk didn't want to continue helping me out of laziness. Are you kidding me? I was told to expidite the process I could FEDEX a payment to FPL - PPC at 9250 W. Flagler Street #2420, Miami, Fl. 33174. Which we did...then they can't find to process. Just to be told to do it again? The FEDEX package was received and signed for on Tuesday Nov 14th at 4:00pm by SPRICE at the Miami office? We even asked if we should present ourselves personally and pay cash to expedite the process. And I was told, "no" just try sending it again and expecting them to process the payment. This doesn't even make any sense to anyone we've spoken to. What else are we suppose to do? Perhaps contacting the Director of FPL or our Senator to find out how they want our county to grow when they can't seem to assist homebuilders and new customers. We hope to get an answer shortly from someone that actually know what's going on and how to be TRUTHFUL and handle the situation as soon as possible. If we don't hear back in a reasonable time(although that time has come and passed), we would love go to live TV. Our News anchors at our local TV stations would love to report on this story If they heard how absurd the responses or lack of responsiveness we have gotten.

Ca