First National Bank / overcharged on bank fees

1 United States

Ever since I can remember I have banked with FNB. I started with a Bob JNR, then Bob T, then student acc & finally last year I changed to a cheque acc. I bought my 1st car with FNB & am planning to take out my 1st bond with the bank as well.

When I changed my account to a cheque, I was promised my bank charges capped at R60 as that was my main concern coming from a savings acc, like a student acc. This was never the case. I have been charged standard rates on a gold cheque acc. How is it that FNB could take as much as they wanted from me without my signature being anywhere agreeing to that?

The call centre was not much help & just referred me back to my branch. I found the time to go in & discuss this. It was discovered that it was the employee that had converted my acc who is responsible for placing me on the wrong plan, which has charged me 200% more.

Unfortunately the only lady that could make a call on whether I would get MY money back, Naiomi, was not at work. I was promissed a call by her today with an answer. Its 21:30 & no call.

Im probably going to be blamed as well for not checking but if compitent staff was employeed this would not happen. I trusted my bank.

Eo