First Data Merchant Services - First Data Global Leasing / corrupt and dishonest company

1 P.O. Box 407092Coral Springs, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: (800) 879-0137

Corrupt and Dishonest Company
First Data of Florida, Colorado, and Hagerstown is a Corrupt and Dishonest company –
First Data Merchant Services / First Data Global Leasing is an amazingly dishonest and corrupt company. They operate like a con-artist. Phone representatives continuously transfer calls and lie to customers. They claim that there is a problem with returned equipment and you owe money. They take money is not owed. They harass customers by having a computer call and say they are a collection agency. Report problems to the Federal Trade Commission at https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/ and to your consumer protection agency.

Bm

Comments

• Gm
      15th of Aug, 2008

I sent the credit card machine back Global Leasing in good condition and they say I can't get out of the lease.

Well!! I think thats a dirty deal because I closed my business and i told thrm. I don't know where they get the $3.000, 00 they say i owe them and for what! That lwase should be made to discontinued because of company closure. I'm 60 years old and where am I going to get a job at my age.
    Basically I think they are ripping people off with that Can'g get out of the lease document.

15th of Aug, 2008

I can not believe they get away with it. They got me for $4000 for a machine worth about $300 max.

• In
      5th of Sep, 2008

We are just beginning to experience a problem with this company they were great up to the point American Express became a 3rd party to disputes. where does AmEx get off being judge jury and executioner? They are a credit card company and in todays economy everyone and their mother is charging back to avoid their responsibility to pay. I can't beleive AmEx lets this happen. Low life ### want a free ride and if they have AmEx it's an open invitation to steal.
    When will these companies wise up, when will the fair credit act include the merchant in their protection?

• Pa
      5th of Nov, 2008

Agreed. Their business practices border on the criminal. Read the contract and see for yourself.

27th of Nov, 2008

I was put into a third lease with this company. I was told by Merchant Lynx Services in White Plains, Ny that there was no charge for the terminal. My salesman was Leo Inolocki and when he did his sales pitch he said " don't worry there is no charge for the equipment". He partially filled out the contract and did not leave me a copy. He said a copy would be sent to me. After leaving, he filled out the rest of the contract to say 69.95 per month for 48 months. I tried to contact Leo several times and was told he would call me back. He never called and on the fifth attempt I was told he is out of the country and would not be returning for awhile. When I called Merchant Lynx I was told " you signed the lease, contact First Data Global Leasing". When I called First Data they told me " you signed the lease contact Merchant Lynx". Both companys know exactly what they are doing and are praying on the little guy. I am filing a complaint and I am trying to collect names. If I can use your name please contact me at Jb515@aol.com. We can't let these ### get away with this. Thanks, Johnny.

4th of Dec, 2008

I also was scam into a lease .The story is the same please tell how I can get more attention to this matter. I am in Union township NJ .

18th of Dec, 2008

You are all correct about First Data, they are liarers and crooks, con artist, thiefs, and low life ###. Do not get invalued with them. They tell you anything to get you to sign your name on the dooted line, then they start taking whatever money they want out of your account. They with justify these withdrawal with their lies.

• Cs
      14th of Jan, 2009

I am so upset about my lease through First Data. My business failed only 6 months after opening and I am left with 3 and 1/2 years of lease payments. I have called and talked to them numerous times and I get nowhere with them. They are uncooperative and rude. Now my bank account is closed and they are coming after me via mail. I do not know what to do. Obviously if I had the money, I would be paying them. I also was NOT informed of the personal guarantee when I signed...but I did sign without reading the contract. I did not receive the contract from the representative, but I did receive one from First Data after I requested it. If anyone has advice, please post quickly, as my credit is in big jeopardy.

• Vi
      20th of Feb, 2009

Check the authenticity of the contract they sent you. Their employee(s) forged my signatures on contracts. I had sold the business years before... check your contract any possible alterations of terms, insertion of pages or signs of forgery of signature or initials.

• Ne
      27th of Feb, 2009

Terrible company, do not get involved with them. So many hidden fees. I thought if I upgrade to Sam's club plus member that I would not have any monthly fees. WRONG!

They do not tell you you are signing up for a 3 year lease of their service, but when you go to cancel you find out about the early termination fee... Thinking about closing my bank account so these ### can't continue stealing from me.

• Br
      2nd of Mar, 2009

these are understatements, its not often you come across such a dishonest bunch of crooks as this company, I hope they will soon be out of business.

• Ci
      6th of Mar, 2009

I have had a very similar experience as everyone else, but figured I couldn't get out of the lease. The machine I have is non-compliant as far as visa/mc is concerned the software needs updating. Then First Data charges me a non-compliance fee for a machine they are leasing. Does anyone know of a class action lawsuit going on against this company?

23rd of Mar, 2009

I agree with all of you. I was recently offer a free 90 day trial with the option to buy or lease a nurit 8000 wireless credit card terminal and was told I needed to fill out application through Total Merchant Services to get this terminal. I sign the application and the salesman from Dual Star Credit Card Equipment Company (David Simmons) did not leave me any copies. I question him and he told me, " I woul d get copies in the mail". Instead he set me up with a non cancellable 48 month lease agreement through First Data Global Leasing Co. before I even received the credit card terminal. I found this out when I contacted this salesman to return equipment after receiving copies in the mail and it did not state any information regarding free 90 day trial. The salesman told me his company will be paying me a check for first 90 days making this a free trial and I still have the option to buy or lease. When I contacted Total Merchant Services I was told I could cancel the application I sign and I did and a week later I received a lease agreement from First Data Global Leasing Co showing monthly payment 69.00 for 48 months and when I contacted them, I was told I could not cancel because I signed a non-cancellable lease agreement and the only way I could get out I would need to pay $3096.00. If any one is going through the same thing please email me. I am trying to find out what can be done in this matter.

• Li
      4th of Apr, 2009

How can I negotiate with them? I want to return the machine and pay fair $$ for what I did with it but do not want to be swindled. Does anyone know how to negotiate a settlement? what if I wanted to offer half and be done with it? how do i go about it?

• Wt
      4th of Apr, 2009

"Global" in the company name is a euphemism for "India", doesnt everyone know that by now?
    You will never get good service from companies that are indian-run. period. And nothing will be done in a timely fashion and god forbid you EVER are entitled to a refund for anything, because hell will freeze over before you'll get your money back. They are very different from American companies

14th of Apr, 2009

Over the course of the last year since we signed up with First Data we have had issue after issue... The equipment was not set up right and never worked for the 2 machines that used a hard line and the wirless was the same. I took call after call to them and my sales rep and in Dec of 2008 I managed to get the machines all working. The wireless wasn't even loaded with the right software and took, no joke, 15 hours on the phone to get working. The pres of the company said screw it send it back and now I can not get anyone to talk to me... I asked for a supervisor only to be told I had to call another number, I asked them to clerify that they wanted an irrate custome to call back on another number to speak to a supervisor, I was told yes... We get 3 bills a day at the office and the Pres of the company gets 3 bill every other day at his home. Two words seem to fit here, Idiots and ###s (used in the clinical sense).

• Vi
      10th of May, 2009

Check your credit report... First Data destroyed my credit!!! They might of done it to you too...
    Make sure you pull your credit report... If your situation is anything like what I experienced with First Data, then you should check your credit report. My story can be found on NewLawsNow.com ... Good luck...

• Do
      14th of Jun, 2009

Agree. They are pulling a scam on small businesses by withholding their funds in a "non-interest bearing account" for months for NO REASON! They claim security issues but that's nonsense. By putting your account in security, customer service isn't allowed to talk to you! So, you deal only with scam artists and not the people that care about your business.

• Sh
      16th of Jun, 2009

This company is EVIL. I don't know how such scam artists are existing as a legit company. Just as bad is wells fargo who set me up with them.

• De
      24th of Jun, 2009

I was never told that there would be no termination fee for the 48 month lease. I returned the equiptment to the company and did a stop payment on my bank so they could not steal anymore of our money. They told me they would wreck my credit and I told them I would see them in court.
    Dennis.