First Data Global Leasing / rip off

This company extended my contract, after the equipment was returned I was still charged and it is now affecting my credit as I have no services provided by them and no equipment I should not be charged any further, my contract ended.

Comments

•   Jan 24, 2009

I would like to start a class action suite against this company First Date Global Leasing. Please let me know if you would like to join in. Patricia Warren

• Ti
      Feb 21, 2009

Yes I would! They go t me for a credit card machine and a contract they say has my blood on it! If you know what i mean. I hate them! I'n scared of them.
    Tina Mohr
    WV
    [protected]@gmail.com

• Lo
      Feb 23, 2009

Sign us up! Their current scam is to send out fake invoices to be paid. Our company accidentally paid one!

• Gp
      Mar 02, 2009

I will join you. I'm stuck with equipment that I'm paying for that has never been used. I also get crazy invoices. They are also rude and I'm afraid of them too and what they could do to my credit report!

• Fl
      Mar 20, 2009

I was under a 48 month contract with these people for a business that never got off the ground. I have been paying on this every since.They will not work with you in anyway, no matter what your problem is. I returned all my equipment many months ago, but yet I still pay that once a year usage tax for something that was never used plus returned. I called many times and asked them why I was being charged a usage fee for something that was never used plus was returned to them. All I get is this"We are sorry, but your contract is 48 months". I still have eight more months to pay for something that I never used and do not have. These people are rude and will not work with you. My business never got off the ground due to a major back surgery that kept me from doing anything. They did not care. Everyone else that I had any business with concerning my new business let me out of my contracts with no problems. I hope someone will bring a suite against them. I will sure join the band wagon!!

• Fr
      Apr 05, 2009

Yes, include e in ay class action lawsuit

• Lj
      Apr 08, 2009

Hyenas! That's what they are! Our 48 month contract would be over in 2010, but our coffee house had to close because of the poor economy. We cancelled the service and tried to cancel the lease, but were told we still owed on the contract. They took $500 from our checking account which was not authorized. We then found out that they had arbitrarily restarted the lease later in 2006 when THEIR equipment malfunctioned. But did they tell us? NO! They never returned phone calls and they are rude. The salesperson is nowhere to be found after the sale of the lease. We had our commercial bank help us in trying to get the $500 back, but no luck. Yes, we are very interested in a class action lawsuit.

• Wi
      May 08, 2009

I will gladly join you in a class action lawsuit. A credit card merchant services company included, as a third party included within the contact a lease with First Data Global Leasing. Inside the lease there is a termination agreement. The agreement was signed by a non-officer, they call and harrass people in a non-ethical way and reported to my credit card company. I want to go after these cartoon characters and shut them down and restore my credit. Please call me [protected] ext 304. I would like to be included ASAP.

• Vi
      May 10, 2009

Check your credit report... First Data destroyed my credit!!! They might of done it to you too...
    Make sure you pull your credit report... If your situation is anything like what I experienced with First Data, then you should check your credit report. My story can be found on NewLawsNow.com ... Good luck...

• Re
      Jun 05, 2009

I am very interested to have found this site. Our company also had a 48 month contract through 2009, with an automatic $31.74 removed from our account. When we decided to close our clinic over one year ago, I contacted First Data and received via email a transfer form so another company could assume the lease. All paperwork was correctly filled out and transmitted to First Data. 5 or more follow up calls were answered only twice and we were told that they had not received our paperwork or it was missing data. The paperwork has been resubmitted several times during the ensuing months, eventually accompanied by letters and an email.
    Throughout these many months, they continued to remove $31.74 from our bank account plus the "taxes" that I now hear are fraudulant. When I put a stop payment on the account, we started receiving letters from First Data, now followed by phone calls and letters from a collection agency with a requested fee more than twice as much as it would have been had I not stopped payments. The CEO of the other company and I both intend to write one last letter, altho other people's comments indicate to me that it will be a waste of time.

• Fs
      Jun 30, 2009

Let's get it started class action suit is needed asap.

• Al
      Jul 21, 2009

I'm interested in joining. First Data has me paying for equipment I no longer own.

• Th
      Aug 18, 2009

Let's get this class action going!

• Wi
      Aug 18, 2009

Please send all of your contact information to my address andrawes at gmail dot com. If you are serious and plan to join in taking these disgusting extortionists outfit out of business.

• Rs
      Sep 02, 2009

I completely agree. I will gladly join in a lawsuit against them and their affiliates, Wells Fargo and Merchant Made Easy. I too am stuck in a 48 month lease. A lease that the agent told me could be cancelled at any time and wrote on the contract that there was no fee to cancel. Also that they were who I would deal with for any of my business needs. When I cancelled the contract FDGL came out of left field and told me that my contract with the merchant could be broken but they had a separate contract for 48months that I couldnt break. (I only signed one contract) Apparently the one contract is broken up into independent sections without being clear in that regard. Also the agent altered the contract that I signed after I submited it. When FDGL sent me the copy they had on file I showed them the copy that I had and they wouldnt let it go as the box that had the lease on it was initialled. My account has now been sent to their attorney for collection...

R. Soby [protected]@comcast.net

• Sc
      Sep 09, 2009

count me IN... Its about time we do something about these companies...ICON PAYMENT SOLUUTIONS are parterners in crime as well... as their name suggests they are CON artists as well...

Sep 21, 2009

I will join too. I have been stuck with my equipment since wells fargo raised my rates and I abandoned them, but they still make me pay every month.

• Cc
      Sep 23, 2009

I would love to see a class action lawsuit against first data global leasing. Huntington Bank who I have banked with for 9 years in business scammed me into this credit card lease last year. I didn't know I was in a lease. I found out today 09/23/2009 that I am stuck in a lease on a piece of junk machine that doesn't work part of the time for 48 months at $54.00 per month.
    If there is an attorney out there reading this, please go after these people.
    Connie Ciekanski
    Dover Healthy Alternatives

• Ca
      Oct 02, 2009

First Data ripped off my business checking account for $500 when I canceled their services. They said it I had a 36 month agreement, which was news to me.

casey carroll

• Pp
      Nov 04, 2009

There are a whole lot of people on here complaining that they signed a lease that they can't get out of. I find it very interesting because a lease is technically a finance agreement ie. a loan that is given to cover the cost of the good or service. The lease company is just collecting on you bad loans. If your car breaks down, you don't send it back to the bank for a replacement or claim to not owe the bank anymore.

Why is it that people think this company should be resposible for letting you off the hook for contracts that most of you freely admit to signing, and many of you claim to have not even bothered to exanmine closely. It makes no sense. There doesn't appear to be any history of formulated deception on the lease companies part, only representatives trying to collect on money that is owed.

Nov 11, 2009

wow. 2 good news people,

1. http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/investigators&id=6802369

2. read this comment from mister pppppp above, looks like they ( first data ) people getting scared,
    reading our comments about this fraudulent scam company and peeing in their pants ( at least thats how I understand a reason they signed ppppp ) .
    SO,
    CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT IS coming, New York judge gave it a go and
    First Data is going DOWN!!!

Nov 11, 2009

I am pretty sure I have the same complaint. I think there are also a lot of BBB complaints also. I was sold a new merchant account, being told that they would 1- save me money, 2- they would buy out my exsisting merchant account. The problem is that I asked all the right questions about rates and everything, got the right answers, signed the contract, and the rates or anything related to what I signed was bogus sales tacticts. I am not saving money, I am spending three times as much and I have 2 merchant accounts, it will be cheaper for me to cancel the new one, but I want to put them out of business. Wells Fargo Bank was who supposedly called but all of the phone #'s on all the paper work or caller ID go back to Payment Systems. They are ripping small business people off, and do not hold true to the contracts they get people to sign. I even tried to cancel withing the seven days, and no one would answer the phone. These people have to be stopped. I am contacting more than one attorney if anyone has a class action aginst I am more than happy to help out also.

• Cd
      Nov 30, 2009

I'm a class action attorney in the process of assessing possible class action lawsuits against First Data. Our fim has already successfully prosecuted claims against other credit card processors for unfair trade practices. Please contact me with more information about your complaints. [protected]@cdalawyer.com

• My
      Dec 02, 2009

get me in ...guy..I am ready for a lawsuit against FDL...that I signed a blank agreement that they put me in 48 month leasing with $150/month...and you know how much you pay for $300 machine...48m x $150 ...my email...[protected]@yahoo.com..thanks...

• Il
      May 24, 2010

same thing happened to me. This company is a huge rip off. I'm so ready to join into the action to bring this company down. I signed a contract with IMS and they decided themselves to get my machine from First data. never gave me a copy of the contract and took advantage of my lack of knowledge because it was my first business. Had the business for 3 years and then sold it, now i get letters from First data that I still need to make monthly payments of 59.00 for another 17 months eventhough they had automatically took 31 monthly payments. Now I have to pay so much extra money for a stupid machine that I wont even own it after all and have to return it. They got my signature in IMS for 24 months and never gave me a copy, then later changed it to 48 months non cancellable and I have to pay this money because I don't want my credit to be ruined. IMS and First Data are both horrible, NEVER DEAL WITH THEM BECAUSE THEY DONT CARE ABOUT ANYTHING BUT THEIR MONEY THAT IS EVEN ILLEGALLY MADE. SHUT THEM DOWN PLESASEEEEEEEEEEEE.

• Ar
      Aug 01, 2010

I completely agree, count me in. First Data gave us false claims as well and said we are in a lease with them when we didnt sign with them but no refuse to let us out. I'd love for them to take respondsibility for their actions. its not right to take advantage of small companies, mom and pop shops just trying to make a living.

• Fd
      Sep 09, 2010

Scott Ransom @ First Data Independant Sales of Colorado...is a stupid little douchebag. What a scam artist. I hope he sleeps well at night. That's okay...he has a pathetic job, and will never make it anywhere with the attitude he has. I actually kinda feel bad for him.

Anyhow, They are very deceiving...and I wouldnt recommend anyone to use them. Go through the bank you have your business account with, and make sure it IS NOT a contract. As far as credit...well...my wife has perfect credit, as well as I...and I also have good attorneys. We'll see how the rest pans out.

• Ri
      May 07, 2012

If a class action lawsuit is ever filed, sign me up also. I leased a debit card machine from them in 2010 for an evening of anticipated sales from a jazz event. Last year I contacted them about returning the machine, as it has never been used. I was told I was under a 2-year contract. This year (which is 2 years after I first leased the machine) I contacted them again about returning the machine and was told that my contract was for 4 years. Since all the transaction was done quickly over the phone because it was a Thursday and I needed the machine by Saturday, I can't honestly remember signing ANYTHING. I then received a letter a few days later threatening legal action if I did not honor the contract. This morning I called them and personally told them to never threaten me with legal action again, and that was as polite as I would get. I will keep a close watch on other complaints/whatever to see if any legal action is ever taken against THEM. If so, I'm on board with it.

• Na
      May 23, 2014

Did any one got rid of first elite golbal leasing if u did please let know how they put me on late payment on my credit report and they said I owe them 7k Whichs I don't know how pleas e mail at [protected]@yahoo.com