Firestone / appointment for an alignment

1 Glen Burnie, MD, United States
Phone: 443-694-0311

I called to make an appointment to get an alignment and an oil change last Friday. The sales associate told me that he could not make me an appointment any time during the weekend because his appointments were full. He then scheduled me for Monday night at 6pm. I brought my car in (arrived 10 minutes early) and told the sales associate I was here for my 6pm appt. to get my oil changed and to have an alignment done . She said "oh, the alignment is going to be a problem". She then said that all I was scheduled in the computer for was the alignment and not the oil change. I asked what the "problem" was with doing the alignment, and she said she already had a car up on the alignment machine and since they were closing in an hour there wouldn't be enough time to complete it. I said "I have an appointment at 6pm to get the alignment done". She said "the car that's on the machine had an appointment too". Now I've been in customer service for many years and I know that if I only have one machine, I shouldn't make two appointments for the same time, for the same machine! Common sense should really come into play...you would think! This is not the first time I've had problems with Firestone and their "appointments" to have work done. The sales associate said "we can do the oil change but we'll have to reschedule for the alignment". I said to her "what's the point of rescheduling for the alignment when your appointments obviously mean absolutely nothing." Why would I make another appointment?? The problem with this whole scenario is that I paid for a lifetime alignment service (which was over a $100 more) with Firestone. So, if I take my car somewhere else, I would have to pay full price. This is very upsetting as my time in the evenings and weekends is very limited. I'm frustrated!!!