Fifth Third Bank - Matthews, NC / total incompetence
In 40+ years of banking, I have never come across a more uncaring, incompetent, bank. Fifth Third recently bought out my bank --First Charter. When my First Charter CD came due and I was a few days late in cashing it in (although well within the grace period), I was told that the residual interest I had earned from the day the CD came due until the day I cashed it out would only be paid if I renewed my CD with them. Despite the fact that I had two accounts with them and First Charter had told me that residual interest would be paid when I cashed in the CD, Fifth Third refused to honor this. I have cashed out scores of CD's from many different banks over the years, and not one has failed to pay residual interest! When I then closed out my accounts, they shorted me $100 and they have been promising me for weeks that they would "investigate" and get back to me. Believe me, if they had over paid me, I would have heard about it the next day. My new bank was agast when I told them all this and the customer rep. told me they are getting new accounts from disgruntled 5/3 customers by the boatload. And, my new bank's interest rates are far superior. Fifth Third has lost three accounts worth over $750, 000 (one is a local business) and I won't rest until I have cost them a cool million. GO BACK TO OHIO, FIFTH THIRD!!!
More Fifth Third Bank - Matthews, NC Complaints & Reviews
- Fifth Third Bank - poor customer service! 
- Fifth Third Bank - credit card application security 
- Fifth Third Bank - fift third bank is a rip off! 
- Fifth Third Bank - predatory overdraft fees (class action info) 
- Fifth Third Bank - unfair banking practice 
- Fifth Third Bank / 53.com - service
- Fifth Third Bank / 53.com - check cashing
- Fifth Third - overdraft fees
- Fifth Third Bank / 53.com - overdraft fees and a very rude rcm
- Fifth Third Bank - I am complaining about the terrible experience I had getting my home improvement loan.