Fido Solutions / Boycott Fido

1 59 loghead dr.Maple, Ontario, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 9034874637

Here is an email I have sent them on their fido website several times which explains exactly what they have done and why we should all boycot this horrible company:

I would firstly like to say that once my contract is over I am never in my life signing up with Fido OR Rogers. I am going to tell my friends, my family everyone I know to switch providers as soon as possible. This company does not care for its customers, all you care about is ripping us off as much as possible.

I was going to call in, however I have bad experiences with your customer service. I called in, maybe 2 weeks ago, to inquire about my bill. I informed you guys that I was paying 60-70 dollars a month; where as my sister pays 30 dollars taxes included and receives unlimited incoming, unlimited text messages, voicemail, call display, call waiting, free evenings after 5 and 400 weekday minutes. She pays less than I do and receives a lot more. After speaking to several agents over the phone regarding this issue and explaining to them how I have been with Rogers (who is your sister company) for 3 years before I switched to Fido and I have been with Fido for almost a year now. Also I work with a third party company working for Rogers. Aside from all this your agents were unable to offer me anything even close to what my sister receives. On top of that I was put on hold ten times and transfered several times and after being on the phone for 2 hours one of your agents informed me that a manager would call me in 24-48 hours. I received NO call. It shows how well you treat your customers, not only were you unable to offer me the same deal your agents LIED to me.

This is only one of the issues I have dealt with this company. Only one of the reasons I will never go back to this company and make it my goal to have no one I know become a Fido customer.

So I signed up with Fido a little less than a year ago, and the phone I received has stopped working already; it turns of an hour after being completely charged. So I decided to order an iphone so that I would have an actual phone to use.
I placed an order and did not receive it by the date I was told I would get it (which was 3 days ago and I am yet to receive it) so I am still using my broken phone. I called in 3 days ago and was told that they had stopped shipment because of an unpayed bill and they had neglected to informed me that it was stopped. If I knew that was the reason I would have payed it that instant so I would receive a working phone as soon as possible. After arguing with an agent to reimburse my account for this month because I am using a phone that does not work and it not being my fault I have to use it another 2 weeks waiting for my phone.
Your agent HUNG UP on me, shows just how professional your employees are.

I am not going to be one of those customers who just lets things go because I am under contract and your company believes it can bully any customer under contract. If my issues aren't resolved very soon I will make sure everyone I know is told about how you treated me and boycotts Fido services. I am not going to call Fido again because of how great I have been treated on the phone in the past; to contact me you can either email or call my cell phone.

Umar Zulqarnain

Comments

Je
  28th of Oct, 2008

I have a following plan with fido on a three years contract.

150 minutes monthly minutes
Unlimited incming calls
Unlimited incoming/outgoing from 7PM - 8AM/and weekends

Now this month on OCT 3 1854 (6:54PM) I call my friend, and my call lasted 45 minutes, if you look at my plan, I am not suppose to be charge for calls after 7PM. So, they should've only charge me for 6 minutes. So when I got my bill I was shocked to see that I was charge for 45 minutes call -- and they dudcted my 45 minutes as well. And I call them and complain, I was told that calls they are made before 7pm would be charge for the lenght of the calls.

This is the same thing they are doing with fido voice message, I have to pay to check my voice messages. I really wish I didn't sign 3years contract.

Next time I will never ever be enslaved like this.

Sq
  29th of Oct, 2008

Fido is ludacris!!! I am on a Fido couples plan which includes 300min + 300 bonus mins, free incoming, free evening and weekends (7pm-8am), and free texting and calling between phones on the plan. All together $55...doesn't sound bad at all does it?

Then you have 2 x $6.95 system access fee = $13.90
2 x $15.00 value packs = $30.00
2 x $0.50 911 fee = $ 1.00
+ taxes = approx. $115 - $120 total right?

WRONG! WRONG! WRONG! My bill was always $200+ before I caught THEIR mistake! Keep in mind my plan includes FREE texting between shared plan phones, anyways I was billed for 2200 text messages between myself and the other person who shares the plan with me!!! How do they figure thats free????? So I call them and fight with three different CSR because apparrently they say I was wrong, but arguing got me put through with the supervisor (Danny)...he was a dick too, but he assured me it wouldn't happen again and credited my account back. Next months bill rolls around and same ###, so back on the horn I go! Once again I am told it has been corrected and will never happen again. The following months bill comes and the problem still wasn't fixed. I called them and told them to take their fingers out of their ###, put their fingers on the damn keyboard and fix the problem. Finally after 3months of crap and me reminding them at Fido to do their job I got that problem fixed. Its only been downhill since then. Never would I reccomend anyone to Fido. Too many indians and not enough chiefs thats for sure!!!

Li
  7th of Nov, 2008

How do I go about finding out about who has a phone number through your company? The phone number is 1-905-598-5869

Sp
  10th of Dec, 2008

"No" to Fido!!

Ke
  28th of Dec, 2008

My Message with dealing with terrible cellphone companies like Telus and Fido is very clear: "If you ever dare to mess up with me (commit billing fraud, dishonesty, offer false BS promises, much hated SAF and ECF fees etc. etc..),
I will mess up with you." Consumers Beware: Boycott Fido!~ Spread the word around throughout Canada and the world
in the internet so that it will go bankrupt, its reputation tarnished and learns its lessons of cheating poor customers and their loyalty. sometimes it take courage to push other to change their nasty habits and thinking... Good Luck!!

Ke
  28th of Dec, 2008

I couldn't agree more too..Also Fido sucks.. I learnt a painful lesson, that is never to sign nor renew ANY contract with these terrible cellphone companies.. as this would them every excuse to suck money out from your wallet.. They are pretty sneaky with their up upselling skills (be careful!)

The truth is Telus, Fido will nickel and dime you with every opportunity they can get..So don't give them any CHANCE!

The lesson is clear: Don't ever, I repeat do NOT sign any contract commitment (even if its verbal) with Fido or Rogers or Telus for that matter

as it is most likely, the renewal agreement is NOT a formal contract, (its a red flag and a good indication of scam) For example: A telemarketer or Fido agent calls you up asking about customer's satisfaction survey
and then offers you a free Sony Ericsson W300i or Nokia phone for $0 but the catch is you will have to give them some of your personal information (such as your birth date), agree to a 3 year agreement and they already activate the new number line for you.. if you wanted to cancel after that, too late.. you will be punished with a hefty ECF fee ($400 max). This is one of their sneaky tricks..another one is the much hated System Access Fees (SAF)
(whoever said Fido dropped those fees after November 4, 2008? should look in the mirror again!)

remember: without your signature on the contact, it won't hold up, if they do this without your consent or knowledge
you can tell them you are not going to pay it unless they can produce a written contract with your signature on it..
It is most likely they back down because of this... You can use this as evidence to dispute this to the Fido Customer Relations Department or in court.

Hope this helps, its time to declare war on Fido. BOYCOTT FIDO!! or set Fire to Fido stores!!