Fido Integrated Solutions / sweepstakes took money no prize

1 471/3 Brookside Dr. E3A 8Z4Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 416-830-5684

I was sent a check for $4, 293.78 US dollars and I was asked to send $2, 800 back for taxes. Ultimately I would receive a check for $180, 000 dollars. I opened up a checking account so I would not link this check to my personal account. I was told to call first. I did and spoke with a Peters Jacob [protected]. I told him I would send the money when the check cleared. He advised me that the contest entry date was upcoming and I had to reply immediately to recieve the money. I reluctantly sent have of the $2, 800 via Western Union to a Patricia Newtons, whom I was told was with the Federal Govt and this money was for taxes.in the end, the check that was sent to me was fraudulent. I was in contact with Jacob and he told me that this was because their banking accounts were illegally accessed. He said he put in a claim to refund my money. I called him every week and he had a different story as to why my money was not returned. He did say it was approved and pending. Now I call the number and I get a recording stating the customer I am calling is unavailable. This all started mid October. I am at a loss of what to do.in hindsight I see how stupid it was to get involved. I am now out.$1, 400.00. If anyone can help me, please let me know.

Comments

• Th
      14th of Aug, 2009

Really? You bought that scam? Sorry, that has nothing to do with FIDO, and your money is gone. If you send money via Western Union you should remember two things. The firs tis that it's probably a scam, no legitimate company uses WU to process funds. The second is that, once the money has been picked up at WU, it is GONE. You cannot find it, trace it, or retrieve it.