FIA Card Services / Unauthorized debit to checking account!

1 Plainfield, IL, United States Review updated:

FIA cards services has made an unauthorized debit to my checking account for the amount of $150.00. Who can I contact to file a complaint? Plz advise smb!

Comments

• Do
      12th of Jun, 2008

This also happened to me. I had previously authorized deductions from my checking account, so the information was available to them. When I realized the money had been debited, I called them. They said they spoke to my husband and he authorized and they provided the date and time they spoke to him. I knew this was not true and immediately looked at the call detail for the only phone number they had on record for my husband. There was no call that day, in the 3 days before or the 3 days after the date they provided. To be certain I was right, I also checked the only other phone number they could have called. Same thing ... no call. They refused to provide any further proof.

I have a file folder an inch thick on correspondence to and from them on a variety of other issues as well. I ended up settling with them, but regret that I didn't consult with an attorney beforehand.