Festiva Resorts / increasing fees and adjustments

1 my, SC, United States Review updated:

Whatever you do, do not purchase a timeshare from Festiva Resorts. We bought ours 2 years ago. First we were told if sent people to try out the resort $100 would be deducted from our maintenance fee if they gave our number. I for a fact 4 different couples gave our number and we did not see a reduction. We paid off our time share the next year and that followed with a 40% increase in the maintenance fee. Now this year in addition to another increase in the maintenance fee which is now over $1000 we are asked to pay 2 special assessment fees...due upon receipt of bill of $200 each. If we don't pay these fees we just get additional fees added on until we do pay. We are stuck. DO NOT INVEST IN THESE TIME SHARES.

Comments

25th of Oct, 2010

I am facing the same problem and I would like to know if it is legal for Festiva to charge us additional assesment fees in addition to our yearly maintenance fees.

• Bo
      11th of Nov, 2010

And now I know why! My wife and I and our best frieds spent a week at Peppertree Atlantic Beach from October 1 to October 8, 2010. During the check-in, the lady at the desk told me if I could get my friends to listen to a sales presentation by Festiva, that Festiva would send me a check for $100.00. October 4th our friends attended the sales presentation. On 1 Nov, I still had not received the check. I called Festiva and they told me that there was no record of my friends going through the presentation at Peppertree, that they would check further into the problem and give me a call back. Well, I never received a call back. So I called again. Again I was told the same thing, that there was no record of my friends attandance and that they would check and call me back within three to four hours. Again I did not receive a phone call. So I called a third time and was told that the matter would be turned over to a supervisor and that the supervisor would be in touch with me. Today is the 11th and to this date I still have not had a return call from a supervisor at Festiva and I don't expect to receive one. I believe that if my friends had purchased a unit I would have received the $100.00 promised. That is why I opened with "And now I know" because this is just one tactic of Festiva to avoid keeping a promise. Everysince my wife and I switched to Festiva we have had nothing but problems: This year we had to pay close to $1000.00 (in addition to our regular Maintenance fee) because of other owners failure to pay their Mortgage Which I thought was unjustified and unfair to those who paid. This should have been a Festiva problem instead they passed it on to the owners. Now we have been assessed $200.00 for some other reason. When will it stop. By the way, The money that was collected for renovations are not being used for that purpose During our stay at Peppertree the only real improvement was the TVs for the Living Room. Lastly, During our stay at Charleston this year, Festiva had the nerve to offer us an upgrade for an additional $3500. which would have had us paying more for the same points without really giving us anything in return. With having all the money that we have invested, we still cant get the places we really want to vacation. I will be contacting the North Carolina Attorny General with thesse assessments and contractual aggements with Festiva. I surely would like to know if there is anyone out there with intentions of filling a Class Action Suit againgt Festiva. Bobby Howell, Highly dissatisfied Festiva Owner.

e