FerrellGas / Unauthorized Charge, Ripped off and then Ignored!

1 Lake County, CA, United States Review updated:

Below, the text of the complaint I sent to Ferrellgas via their website. Planning to call the corporate headquarters and write a physical letter as well. This is totally unacceptable...

"
Greetings,

I am a new Ferrellgas customer, and I am very dissatisfied.

On January 28, I was charged $231.39 for my deposit and first fill. This charge was UNAUTHORIZED.

The previous day (1/27), I spoke with a representative to set up my account. There was some confusion over the rate. My landlord said not to pay anything over $2.14 a gallon, since it was a takeover from his account. The Ferrellgas representative I spoke with quoted me at $2.57 a gallon. She told me that to figure out the rate issue, I would need to speak with her supervisor Bob, who was not in the office at the time. I was assured Bob would call me first ting Monday morning to sort things out, and that my credit card would NOT be charged until the issue was resolved. But it was.

For the last month, I have been trying every week to reach this elusive Bob character, who is evidently the manager of four Ferrellgas offices in the Northern California region (I live in Lake County)... and I've been repeatedly leaving him messages and talking with associate after associate about my problem and how to resolve it. The customer service representatives are all sweet young girls, and I don't blame them a bit. They've always just told me "you have to speak with Bob..." -- but Bob is never around and hasn't returned a single phone call. I've left him five or six messages by now.

Now my propane is starting to run low... but I am determined to resolve this issue first. I also have an outstanding $14.09 on my account right now that I am withholding until this issue is taken care of.

I'll continue to try calling Bob -- but I sure would appreciate some help at the national level, if possible. I don't even know if there are any other outfits in the area who can sell me propane, or if this company has a monopoly... I've read a number of negative reviews of Ferrellgas online, and I am not surprised one bit. But I would really like to be the exception to this rule.

I hope to be a loyal and satisfied customer -- but first, I need to be treated like a valued customer. Please help me get in touch with someone who has some decision-making power. This is simply unacceptable.

Thank you very much for your time and your help. I wish you all the best.

Peace,

"

Ni

Comments

• Kn
      27th of Apr, 2010

Good luck, I sure hope you can work things out with Ferrellgas, but in our previous experiences with them, it will not be satisfied to your benefit. Ferrellgas cares nothing about the "little guy", only wanting big corporations & businesses as customers. They seem to want to do anything to make doing business with them aggrivating and stressful if you are only a residential customer. Our advice is call around, find another company that will treat you as a good customer deserves to be treated. You won't get treated fairly by Ferrellgas, and the thousands upon thousands of complaints across the country will show that!

• Hd
      7th of Feb, 2011

i purchased a home in hidden valley lake, ca in july of 2010
    at the time i set up my account with ferrellgas i was given the option of fill by "will call" or " auto fill".
    being that this home will be rairly used i took the "will call" option. the tank was topped off in july as per my request at the time i set up the account.
    in november i went to the home and found a bill hanging on my door for $195.00 as they had come and filled the tank that which i did not ask for.
    currently i am being told i will be turned over for collection if i do not pay the bill. ?????? i called them and confirmed i was on will call and they told
    me, "sorry, we made a mistake and you will still have to pay the bill" the diff. in the amount of thesummer rate and the winter rate for the amount that
    they put in the tank amounts to $34.20 approx.
    what the hell ? they tell me, sorry, we made a mistake ????? well i asked to have bob call me also that which he has never done as i want to ask him if he
    will just pay the diff. out of HIS pocket...????
    well, he will never call, and i will get screwed.
    anyone know who i can contact for help in this matter...?????? i mean really, how many others out there are getting ripped off like this, and id' like to know
    if this BOB really exists...
    help...!!!

• Kn
      7th of Feb, 2011

Contact your Attorney General's office. File a complaint with their consumer division. They will contact them to help you get the matter resolved.

• Ol
      27th of Oct, 2014

I am a tenant in a Mobile Home park, in Lake County, CA.
    Ferrelle called me, and said that they were concerned at my very high usage, and that they were sending out someone to check it out.
    Well, i did have a leak in my stove and oven...white flames shot out of my oven, about 2 to 3 feet, and and filled my small place with a whitish-blueish sweet smelling haze. They red-tagged it, and it took 3 months before i got a replacement stove-oven.
    *Just before the gentleman left, he said: "I know why your bill has been so large and getting larger."
    I asked: Is it because of my leak inside?"
    He said: "No...someone has been reading your meter readings backwards, for a while, now." He said that he would report it.
    Well, i called them about it, and got hung up on, after they viewed my records...each time!
    A few days later, they came out and turned me off. A week later, i get a letter informing me that they have reported it to credit bureaus, and had sent me to collections.
    The next month, with my propane shut off..I get a bill for $300.00, more, stating that I need to pay the new charges! I asked, "What charges...by service has been off for over a month". I got hung up on!
    The month after that, I get a bill for the usage of another $800.00..(month 3 of no service)! I called again, they checked my records, and hung up on me, again!
    I have gotten three letters, of three credit reports complaints, filed by them!
    I have a new bill now...$1800.00!
    My high bills were their fault..I paid all of my bills on time!
    Their employee read my meter backwards...not me! I barely used my propane.
    They hushed this up, and refused to deal with it, while sweeping it under the rug!
    I have the man's name, as he signed the ticket, when he was here, and gave me a copy.
    Now, anyone, please tell me...if this is not corruption, what is?
    I'm a senior on a limited income, and have been without my propane since early spring, 2014.
    They want, right now, $1800.00, or I will not have propane in Lake County.
    But, I was told, that if I pay it, they will go over my past bills, and will then make any adjustments.
    I did request a full printout of my numerical readings, which they are supposed to do, upon request.
    I'm 69, and I have never lived anywhere, on this Earth, , where a gas/propane/utility company displayed such blatantly, low ethics, integrity, and morals.
    Now, if they did this to me..I wonder how many more meters were read wrong, and folks have no idea as to why, their bills got so high, so fast, in a few months period, (4, to be exact).
    I have the man's name who said that to me, and I have his signature.
    Have a wonderful day, All!