Family Dollar / terrible place to work in
I am a current assistant manager with a family dollar store so I can't include too much info. Believe me, if I could work somewhere else I would. Which is sad because I have almost 16 years experience with this company. I have even been a manager before. However, the way things are done at this company is unreal.
First there is the payroll issue. They expect you to be able to get a ton of things done in one day even though you are there by yourself till 12 some days, have to give your cashier an hour break and have to stop and straighten at 4. That only gives you maybe 3 or so hours of actual work time. And they expect ppl to support their families on 30 hours a week if you are an asst... and maybe, if you are lucky, 15 a week if you are a cashier. Starting pay for a cashier where I am is only 5.85. You can't support a family on that. The only ppl that can work for that is teenagers and we can't hire them if they are under 18. They give you these hours and then tell you also that it is against policy to have another job.
As assistants they try and give you 35 hrs a week, but then if you are lucky enough to get a pay raise they cut your hours down to 30. Secondly, there is the company policies issue. Which is a big one. Write ups in this company are a joke. NO one is threatened by them because you get one, you sign it, it then just goes in your folder and no where else. Policies are broken in my store every day and nothing is done about it even though complaints are made to the DM almost on a daily basis.
There are so many things, I could go on and on. I have been left in the store with no employees all day and no one cared. They expect you to work like dogs and they treat you like crap. If you are below a DM, they could care less about you. They have no respect for you at all. I am a very hard worker, matter of fact, I am depended on in my store to get most of the work done even though I am only an assistant.
This company needs to start thinking about the people that are in the stores every day, making the money for them and start showing them respect.
More Family Dollar Complaints & Reviews
- Family Dollar - stupid return policies 
- Family Dollar - employment 
- Family Dollar - racism/discrimination 
- Family Dollar Stores - terrible experience 
- Family Dollar - employee with big mouth
- Family Dollar Stores - store manager name sandy
- Family Dollar Stores - district manager john and store manager rachel and sabrina 
- Family Dollar Stores - a employee 
- Family Dollar Stores - store worker selling drugs while working and really rude to customers 
- Family Dollar Stores - complaining about your store in hohenwald tenn. 38462 store #04039