Family Dollar / awful, awful, awful

US Review updated:

On June I walked into Family Dollar with a camcorder black bag with the camcarder in it on my belt around my weist.My sister/her son with autism and my cousin all together. As we walked out we notice a worker standing near the doorway? we left the store, my sister which is law enforcement was the driver. We were about a block and a half when the cops pulled us over? They claim I stole something. The cops serched me and my cousin. My sister was so upset she went back to the store escorted by the cops and returned all what she brought. When the cops asked the tall white lady what I stole she said "he have a bolg under his shirt"?? How STUPID did she look.She need to be fired just for looking and being STUPIT and wasting the cops time. All she had to do was ask. How many other people will this happen to.

Al

Comments

Aug 30, 2009

You need to ask if she was a manager. If she wasn't complain to the manager that she does not possess the qualities needed in a respectful employee. Is she was a manager, complain to whoever is her boss and say she is not trained properly to deal with these situations.

• Dn
      Jan 31, 2010

Really, Stupid???

• Ty
      May 08, 2010

My daughter was also wrongfully accused of stealing she went in to buy a 50 cent Mother's Day card my daughter is an African American teenager and a Mexican and a white girl falsely accused her of stealing they did not watch a videotape they would not let her out o f the store they kept asking to check her bag, my daughter called the police to the store and they found nothing because my child is not a thief. Family Dollar racially profiles people. I will never go back in a Family Dollar store I don't go there anyway. I am pursuing this issue because I am a consumer and you cant just go around accusing people of being thieves. I am an upset parent and a consumer I want them both to loose their job!!!

• Me
      Nov 13, 2011

thats a lawsuit they can not accused anyone of stealing get lawyer