Fairfield Inn Marriott / rude managers

I stayed at this establishment on 2/13/2010 to celebrate Valentines Day. With-in the rooms I had rose petals, candles and incense. There are no-smoking signs posted all around the facility and consequence information if there was smoking in the room. So by knowing this information my mindset already is who has $250 to waste so I wouldn't even take the risk.

There was apparently ashes and a cigar found in the rooms ice bucket. There were only two individuals in the room the whole night (we arrived @ midnight).

Initially I was skeptical about lighting the incense because of the smoke and because of the ashes but took a chance anyway. The next day a phone call was received stating that there was a $250 fine placed on the room because they had evidence of smoking. Neither I or my significant other smoke, so other than the ashes from the incense this left me flustered.

Being in a management position myself, I understand how some people lie and fabricate stories to get out of things but that is not nor ever has it been my style. I was not disputing the fact that they had found anything, I was just trying to get an understanding of where it came from.

I called and asked to speak to the manager. Her name is Erica and she spoke to me in the most degrating, depliciting, non-managerial form. She mocked me and made light of the situation. She kept referring to the situation and saying that I (as if she knew it was me) was smoking and she had the proof of it.

She was not receptive of me as the customer, and she was not trying to listen to what my concerns were in regards to this matter. She said that she could not take my word over her staff's and she actually laughed at me for debating the fact. She treated me like I was a liar from the start and she continued to laugh at me and talk to me in a rude manner. It was never an issue about paying the $250, if it has to be paid it has to be paid I understand that its all business.

It was just the fact that she was rude, and nasty and did not exhibit positive managerial characteristics. She has lost me as a future customer and any of my family memebers as potential customers in the near future. I also work for a profitable establishment that hold many conferences and work with many guest overseas, therefore I will not set it up for any of my clients to stay at a Marriott facility in the near future as well. I understand that we work in two totally different career fields but I would never speak to or mock any of my clients the way Erica spoke to and mocked me. With managers like this I do not reccommend anyone to stay at this facility.

Ha

Comments

• Jg
      22nd of Jan, 2013

My Ford F 250 was stolen from right outside the hotel. There are seedy apartments nearby within easy walking distance from the hotel, there is no security. (Recent review by howdy 12345) claiming the parking lot is safe, cannot be more wrong, my truck was literally stolen while viewable from the front desk. They do have a video monitor of the parking lot but I was told it “froze" while my truck was being stolen. The theft happened after 6: 17 AM. I had locked the truck and set the alarm. Not much of a deterrent to the obviously seasoned thieves who broke the lock and hotwired the ignition. My family was extremely shaken by this incident. The folks at Fairfield point out that the parking is at your own risk and they take no responsibility for what happens in the parking lot. I do commend the San Antonio Police Department they recovered my vehicle that evening. Bottom line if you stay at Fairfield Inn you stay at your own risk they are not responsible for you parking in their parking lot. I shudder to think what would have happened if I were to go get my vehicle while it was in the process of being stolen. Needless to say my family will no longer stay at Fairfield Inn

• Dy
      13th of Feb, 2016

I just got off of the phone after having to call about a reservation confirmation. My confirmation umber was not forwarded to me as promised, and it was critical that I got it to my trip planner!!. Well, I called the Fairfield Inn Hotel reservation line this is the Charleston Carolina Airport Hotel. Firstly, I could not hear the clerk clearly and I politely asked her to speak up, she got annoyed, started shouting in my ear and I asked her to allow me to speak to someone else, she placed me on hold and did not return for 15 mins. I called back and asked to speak to a supervisor or to be given the corporate office or complaints line number, The phone was rudely hung up. After 1/2 an hour I called back and got the information that I needed. I will stay at this hotel only because my group is having its functions here, but I will definitely not stay there or recommend this hotel. SHE WAS NASTY!! to say the least.
    Dynetta Robinson