Menu
Fairfield Inn and Suites
reviews & complaints

Fairfield Inn and Suites
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

116 complaints
4 resolved 112 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Fairfield Inn and Suites. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
5:20 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I charged paid for my room a month before we left. They never changed the card I booked it with. So I had to pay cash and use another card "just to hold". I was promised the card would not be charged. Paid cash when we checked out. Two days later they charge my card! So now I have paid over $500 for 2 nights! When I asked to speak to a manager they said...

J
9:19 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My staff was absolutely horrible! I made a complaint before I even checked out. And the guy didn't even address any issues. Pretty much dismissed me. So when I called in to make another complaint, they said the hotel will get back to me via email. And I haven't heard a thing. The fact that they ruined my wedding night with dirty bed sheets, the wrong room...

M
4:09 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Fairfield Inn and Suites - poor room(s) condition, lack of housekeeping & manager dismissed issues

I reserved a king room for October 19th thru 22nd at the Fairfield Inn, Ontario at 3201 East Centrelake Drive. We arrived about 10pm, checked in and received our room key,
when we walked in the door of the room and immediately noticed a "squeal" coming from the AC unit (which was already running), we tried different settings but the sound continued, we went back to the front desk asked for a different room, they found us another room without question. Issue #1 - maintenance of AC unit in first room.
The new room was a double queen room (#340) on an interior corridor with card access only. The AC unit was fine. We settled in for the night. When we attempted to plug in our cell phone chargers we discovered that the plug in the light fixture over the desk is worn out (prongs won't make connection), same with the plug next to the bed on the window side. The next day, since we had not really had time to dirty the room overnight we placed the "no service needed" card on the door. Upon returning to the room and taking showers we noticed the bathroom door was cock-eyed and wouldn't latch, the tub drain was clogged and draining very slowly.

I brought these issues to the attention of the front desk staff but requested they not fix these issues until after our stay. During our stay we had to have our room keys replaced 3 times because they kept "forgetting" their programming. We were very careful to keep them away from the cell phones but it still happened. The second day in the morning about 8am we took the "no service needed" card off the door and went to breakfast (which was very well done), we left for the day at 10:30am, no cards on the door expecting the room to be cleaned, we returned at 8pm to find the room had not been cleaned! We went to bed, next morning we left about 11am,
again with no cards on the door, housekeeping was servicing the room next to ours (#338) as we left, when we returned at about 4pm we found the room again had not been cleaned! My wife had a migraine headache and needed to sleep before dinner so the "do not disturb" card was put on the door. I went to the pool which was clean but too cold (staff later told me they keep it at 70F) for this time of year when the sun is not as warm. While I was at the pool my wife was disturbed by the maintenance people apparently coming to investigate the issues I had reported to the front desk but specifically requested not be addressed until after our stay. This was our last night so there was no time to get the room cleaned when it was not going to inconvenience our stay and by now it was about 6pm. When I went down to return the rental car and get dinner I spoke to the front desk, the gentleman concerned why our room wasn't cleaned so he checked the housekeeping logs, came back and said there was not "DND" notation for our room so he could not explain why it wasn't cleaned. He took $20 off the bill for our inconvenience (not much for missing 2 days cleaning but it was "something"). Next morning at 5am when we were checking out the front desk lady asked how we liked our stay, we were honest with her, told her of the issues, since a manager was on duty yet and she was very concerned, she said she would send an email to the manager about our experiences, she gave me a printed copy of the bill and told me she would not charge us until the manager had reviewed the situation. After our flight home I found an email at 6:25am with another copy of the SAME BILL showing our CCard had been charged with no adjustments or notations, then later in the day about 3:45pm I received another email with the another copy of the same bill (exact), again no adjustments or notations...I was confused why I got 2 copies of the same bill with not changes or apologies, etc...I decided to call and ask for the manager, a woman came on the line, probably identified herself but I did not catch her name, she said she was a (or the) manager, I recounted the issues, she looked at bill, then checked the housekeeping log and told me the log notes showed "DND" sign was out both days (which is impossible!), she further pointed out the $20 adjustment already made and basically said that's all she can do. I told her we are Marriott regulars, we usually stay at Springhill Suites and the only 2 times we have stayed at a Fairfield Inn have had issues like this. I almost dropped this out of disgust but I am someone who believes in truthfulness and honesty...when I thought about this manager's comments in my phone call, how she nicely dismissed our issues and then indicated to me regarding the housekeeping logs that someone on the hotel staff is not being truthful, I know what when we did or did not put out
the DND or DNC cards, one member of the staff read the logs and what he found agreed with what I know happened and now after our stay this manager is telling me that the logs show something different that makes the fact our room was not cleaned during our entire stay of 4 nights our fault! I have an issue with this! I did some online research and I am not sure who the real hotel manager is but it appears that I may have been speaking during my phone call to Front Desk Manager, Stephanie Loeys, who according to other guest comments has dismissed their issues as well in the past...The hotel's comments to another guest's review was made by another person, John M., identifying himself as "manager"...I have tried to figure out who the real manager of this particular hotel is...no luck...

Update by MLM1977
Oct 28, 2018 8:13 am

The cost of the room (smaller than other Marriott hotels, no closet, a single sheet printed page rather than the typical hotel/local amenities booklet) was commensurate with other Marriott hotels we have stayed at that had more on-site amenities, so not receiving good cleaning service to me is a major part of the room charges.

N
7:03 am

Fairfield Inn and Suites - service

Last week I submitted a formal complaint regarding the air conditioning being broken in our room at the Fairfield Inn, 475 E. Margaret Dr., Terre Haute, IN 47802.
At this time I wish to say that the manager and assist manager are working to resolve this issue in a positive way.
If we should pass through Terre Haute, IN, we would definitely stay at the Fairfield Inn.

9:35 pm

Fairfield Inn and Suites - service

I had resverstion for October 6th though October 8th.for my grandson wedding Sunday. Saturday night was awful. We couldn't get any rest people running up and down the hall making all kind of noise. I call the front desk and the clerk that I had a complaint about what was happening. He didn't try to move us to another room.he was a forge I talk with.and then some drunk woman got on the phone and said that she was sorry. That same woman cane to my room knocking on my door said she was my friend and wanted to make a peace offering.i don't know this woman. And I didn't open the door. Later I went to get some ice there were some chips and a candy bar in front of the door. This wall a hell of a night. Then we check out Monday I remember leaving my pink Micheal kor watch on the bed as I got home I call the front desk and told them I had left my watch in the room. The lady I had talk to a first said let me check and said I don't see anything that had been turn in. And that she will tell the morning shift to call me.i haven't heard anybody. I know I left it in the room. I knew I wasn't going to get my watch back.that watch was centermenal to for breast cancer. It's just not any honest people anymore. I hope that I will never use this hote again.

N
6:47 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Below is the information about our stay at the Fairfield Inn, 475 E. Margaret Dr., Terre Haute, IN 47802 for one night October 5, 2018. The room rate was ridiculous to say the least, but we elected to stay there anyway because it was late, we were tired and we are senior citizens and cannot drive at night. The problem was the air conditioning did not work...

2:13 pm

Fairfield Inn and Suites - did not provide room as specified

I submitted this complaint September 24 (with Fairfield Inn's)and have not received a response ! I made my original reservations for a handicap room at Fairfield Inn Kenneth Sq., Pennsylvania for two night's back during the day of July 17, 2018 . At check- in Sept 21 they said they were unable to give us a handicap room as reserved. This prevented my wife from showering but was acceptable and we did not make an issue of it. After staying there one night, the Front desk called and said we did not have reservations for the second night and made several attempts to get us to move out. I had firm reservations for two nights and refused to move out. They were very rude and disrespectful. I was part of a huge Cloud family reunion. Errors by big corporations do happen but rudeness and disrespect is unforgivable. In addition the front desk deactivated my room key so that we could not reenter the room early Sunday morning. They did reactivate the key after I went out to the front desk and complained.
Bruce M Cloud

Additional information; My wife and I were in room 216 and I also paid for my daughter's room 401 In resolving this problem I expect a sincere letter of apology to both my wife and I and receive full credit for the two nights(Sept. 21 & 22) my wife and I stayed in room 216.

Sincerely Bruce M Cloud
179 Warren Oaks Ln.
Waynesboro, VA 22980
Tel. What hello 1-540-943-5689

1:07 pm

Fairfield Inn and Suites - customer service

My wife and I stayed at Fairfield Inn and Suites, 261 Essa Road, Barrie, Ontario, Canada for the night of September 22, 2018.
We checked out the following morning.
In the evening of September 23rd, we realized that we had left a garment in the room - a ladies nighty.
The next morning, September 24th, I called the hotel and learned that they had found the item, and had it ready to return.
I asked the gentleman on the phone to put the nighty in an envelope with my name on, and I would arrange a courier to pick it up the next day. Amazingly, he pushed back, unwilling to do this simple task. I persisted, and he finally agreed.
Two days later, after tracking my parcel with FedEx, I learned that their messenger had stopped twice at the hotel to pick up the parcel, and both times was offered an unpackaged piece of cloth, with no name, etc. Needless to say, the courier was powerless to collect the item, as it needs to be in an envelope with a name, and ideally address.
Learning of this travesty, I decided to write off the nighty, and resolved to never stay in a Marriott property again.
No resolution is requested. This is just for the record.

1 comment
D
Oct 02, 2018 1:34 pm

I also asked them not to call my wife about the missing garment as it was not hers and I slept with another woman while she was out shopping and they still called her and now she knows that I cheated on her and won't talk to me and is talking about divorce. I surely will never stay with them again. I specifically asked them not contact my wife about the garment they found.

R
10:46 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I submitted my friends and family discount form upon check in. My receipt shows no discount adjustment as I was paying $161 a night. The front counter person informed me that today, others are paying $131 a night without discount. how am I paying $30 more a night on top of supposedly having the discount included. This has to be wrong and makes me feel taken...

9:30 pm

Fairfield Inn and Suites - reservations

I submitted this complaint September 24 and have not received a response ! I made my original reservations for a handicap room at Fairfield Inn Kenneth Sq., Pennsylvania for two night's back doing July 17, 2018 . At check in they said they were unable to give us a handicap room as reserved. This prevented my wife from showering but was acceptable and we did not make an issue of it. After staying there one night, the Front desk called and said we did not have reservations for the second night and made several attempts to get us to move out. I had firm reservations for two nights and refused to move out. They've a very rude and disrespectful. I was part of a huge Cloud family reunion. Errors by big corporations do happen but rudeness and disrespect is unforgivable. In addition the front desk deactivated my room key so that I could not reenter the room Sunday morning. They did reactivate the key after I went out to the front desk and complained.
Bruce M Cloud

Additional information; My wife and I were in room 216 and I also paid for my daughter's room 401 In resolving this problem I expect a sincere letter of apology to both my wife and I and receive full credit for the two nights my wife and I stayed in room 216

L
9:07 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

There are a lot of things that go on at Fairfield that needs to be addressed.The housekeepers are not being respected The rooms are nasty the head of housekeeping is never there. When she is there she leaves for hours at a time and still be on the clock. Housekeepers are clocking each other in and the individual is not at work. Totally unacceptable and this is fraud. Really hope this issue is addressed.

E
9:33 pm

Fairfield Inn and Suites - management

Indoor pool was nice; the hot tub/spa style next to it wasn't working, so it was a cold spa instead. I stayed in a Suite very nice spacious because I have 4 kids, 2 eight year old twins, a two year old and a one year old. For some odd reason, someone started complaining about noise (5:00pm) 1st complaint my daughters went to the hallway to say hello to a friend., about a minute later my phone ring, it was management reporting a noise complaint. Second complaint, at 6:30 pm, the manager came to me door to tell me someone was running and it was disturbing someone below us (not true, my girls were resting/laying down watching TV) my daughter was watching cartoon in the sofa using my IPAD. Even the manager notice how peaceful and quiet our room was and didn't want to disturbed us. Maybe they need to put the families with children away from the people that hate children. I believe someone might have been trying to get a discount or a free stayed.

C
9:55 am

Fairfield Inn and Suites - customer service

Staying at this hotel was the worst hotel experience that I've had in 30 years. My siblings and I were in town for my brother's funeral, and our stay in this hotel added discomfort and inconvenience to our grief. We were in three separate rooms in one weekend. We each had separate, yet equally horrific experiences.
My husband and I were in 4 rooms during the weekend. When we went to the first room, we found that the door did not lock. When we opened the door to the 2nd room, a sickening, funky smell sent us running back into the hallway. Because we were preparing to meet family at the wake, we were thinking of enduring it, so we began to unpack to get changed. However, we soon realized that the smell was so sickening, it was impossible to endure. After switching keys again, we opened the door to the 3rd room. The smell was not as bad, but still nauseating. All three of these rooms were on the 3rd floor. We left the hotel to go to the wake, and on our way out, we requested another room. My husband advised the staff they should visit the rooms on the 3rd floor and not assign anyone else to those rooms until one of the staff had walked in. We later learned that what we smelled was mildew. Someone had cleaned the carpets without allowing them to dry properly. When we woke up on Saturday morning, preparing to get dressed for the funeral, I realized that I had left my make-up kit in the 2nd room, and my skirt in the 3rd room. So on the morning of the funeral, we were running around the hotel, trying to get someone to open the doors so that we could retrieve our items.
In my sister's room, when she tried to take a shower on the first night, she found that there was no water coming from the shower. They were moved to a 2nd room.
In my brother's room (a suite), on the first night we were there, the linen on the beds was wet. By the time he and my sister-in-law realized it, their children were already ready for bed. A staff member brought them new linen. However, by that time, the linen had been on the bed long enough that the top covers and mattress pad were also damp. On the second night, all of us were in my brother's suite when we saw a 3-inch cockroach scurrying across the floor. We are attaching a picture of the bug!
My advice to anyone coming to Emporia is to avoid this hotel. The other half of our family stayed at the Hampton Inn and had a wonderful stay.

View 0 more photos
D
9:59 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I booked a hotel room at Fairfield Inn and Suites in Loveland on May 23rd for the night of September 7th. On the afternoon of September 6th, I received a message from Priceline that my reservation was cancelled by Fairfield Inn. Priceline contacted them for me and was told that my room was needing maintenance and that the reservation was cancelled. The DAY...

F
12:20 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I was very disappointed with how the supervisor handled my request to check out a day early and cancel a room charge around 6pm. I know hotel policy and I have no right to demand this but I made the request as a Marriott Rewards member and frequent business traveller. The only concession the supervisor would make is to reduce the rate. Upon reflecting on...

4:39 pm

Fairfield Inn and Suites - call in reservation

I book the Fairfield in Monaca, PA regularly for traveling employees. Today, I called 8 times. Of those 8 times, I spoke with someone twice. I was put through to "reservations" where I sat on hold for a combined time of one hour and 23 minutes. The two times I managed to speak with someone, the line was disconnected before the reservation could be completed. We have a corporate account with a corporate rate so, to my knowledge, I am unable to simply book online. Thankfully there was vacancy so my guys were able to walk in and get rooms but given I had called 8 times in a 6 hour period, it's safe to say the level of uncertainty was rather high given these guys are several hours from home. I have never had this issue before so I don't know if there is a new system in place or what? Please look into this and correct it. Thank you.

S
7:51 am

Fairfield Inn and Suites - orangeburg south carolina

Absolutely awful experience. Booked this hotel for the pool and could not use it because a large party came in and took it over with loud use of profanity and climbing and jumping on the equipment that is supposed to aid the disabled into the pool. I was disabled, fully paralyzed in fact, in January of this year and had to expend my own energies going inside to say something when last but not least, a 4 year old in their group nearly drowned because he was unsupervised. Nothing changed. I sat it out all night. Their behavior did not change and when I mentioned this in the morning I was told that their cameras DO NOT SEE THE POOL so I should have kept coming inside and complaining. Can't believe this was real but it was...

S
2:02 pm

Fairfield Inn and Suites - front desk management and housekeeping

Good afternoon,
I am a rewards member and will always stay at a Marriott property when ever I can. I have stayed at a Fairfield in recently that I often have stayed at for many years. Fairfield Inn, 10231 North Kings Highway, Myrtle Beach SC. For many years the staff has been very friendly and courteous. Housekeeping has always left me a clean room with great service. These reasons keep me going back to this location when I am on business.
My last trip, July 30-Aug 3 (Folio # 69874) was none to pleasant. The staff was cold and unwelcoming, I passed daily thru the lobby and no greeting or acknowledgement, not even an hi, have a nice day. My first day I was out late with customers and came back to an in made room. I notified the front office and was told housekeeping was gone for the day. I also registered an notice to the front office via my Marriott app. Since it was so late I just let it go and took care of the room myself for what I needed .
The breakfast staff was also cold and seemed put out to do there tasks.
I know this establishment has recently changed ownership, but the change is not for the better or to what I know as Fairfield Inn & Marriott's standards.
Regards,
Steven. Bulsa
253 975 908

M
10:55 am

Fairfield Inn and Suites - customer service and room amenities

I called to reserve a room at this hotel with my daughter's volleyball team (they had 6 rooms and then parents all booked) I called about the rate the guy said 79.00 is volleyball team rate I said ok I will take it 2 nights. Them he said no 139.00 a night. o said nevermind. The next day I called and booked and the price was 109 for Thursday and then 99 for Friday. So I ended up booking this room we stayed in Room 217 I asked for a room with a fridge and a microwave and they didn't have any but the lady told me they would be able to provide one for my room at no charge upon my arrival neither was in my room I had lights out in the room needed replaced. Pool was absolutely filthy a layer of dirt and film om top none of girls could swim and the customer service was horrible upon leaving we notice my son's medical equipment was left in the drawer I called right away and was told I would have to wait till the next day and call back for it to be put in the lost and found I called before check in for the next day so I call back the next day and was put on hold while she went and looked and then instead of answering whether they found it or not she then sends me to voicemail I leave a voicemail and still have heard nothing back I called again and talk to a girl and ask her she was going to check and then never got back on the line so once more I called and they never answered the phone this was horrible service all I wanted was for them to look for my son's medical equipment felt like all I did was get the run-around a horrible service

T
8:24 pm

Fairfield Inn and Suites - fairfield inn by marriott, parmer location, austin texas

I am hoping that you can help me regarding a mix up that occurred this past week on Tuesday, Aug. 21. I had a family medical emergency that required me to travel to Austin, Texas. I logged on to Expedia and searched for a hotel that would be near St. Davids North Hospital on Burnet Rd. Because you have several locations in that area, I called two of your Fairfield Inns trying to look for the closest to the hospital. My daughter was in labor and it was a high risk pregnancy. After speaking with a couple of your locations, I booked two nights at the Fairfield Inn North on Parmer Lane.

Upon arrival in Austin, I realized that location was not the closest to the hospital. I called the hotel to see if I could change my reservation to your Domain area hotel and was told that the manager was not in and that I would have to speak to the manager.

I went to your Domain location and they had rooms still available for that night. I asked them for help to transfer me to their location. They said it would have to be handled by Edpedia. I called Expedia and they offered to try to transfer my reservation to the Domain location. After almost an hour of back and forth, Expedia said that the Parmer Lane location said that the manager was not in and that the issue could not be addressed till the following morning. By this time it was very late at night, my daughter's condition was critical and I was exhausted. Expedia booked me there at the Domain location. They said that they would appeal to the Fairfield at Parmer Lane, but that it was up to Fairfield to decide.
I paid to stay at the Fairfield Domain location so that I could be close to the hospital. They were very kind, but said that the call would be up to the Parmer location to transfer me.
The next morning, I received an e-mail from Expedia that the Parmer location refused my request to transfer and would charge me for the unused hotel room. I am very disappointed that a hotel chain would treat a customer this way. I made the mistake on my booking because I was given the wrong information by your Fairfield employees. I was hoping to change locations because of a serious situation, not for a trivial reason, but because I needed to be near the hospital. I am grateful that after three days in labor, my grandchild was born safety, weighing 3 1/2 pounds. His health condition will require numerous visits to Austin, and I am hoping I can continue using Fairfield hotels.

I am hoping that your company will honor the refund for the unused hotel and consider that I stayed at another Fairfield hotel, instead of going to another hotel chain.

My original Expedia Itinerary # is 7374894632916. I hope your company will reconsider the decision that was made by your Parmer Location.

Respectfully yours,
Clementina Valadez

Fairfield Inn and Suites contacts

Phone number

+1 301 572 7100

Most discussed Fairfield Inn and Suites complaints

Hotel staff and dhs workers stealing mail!!!
(posts on this topic)