Fair Point New England / I WANT VERIZON BACK!!!!!!

United States, Maine Review updated:
Fair Point
I remember a little over a year ago, a simpler time, when not only could I pay my phone/internet bill online, but when I called to speak to a customer service rep I spoke with someone after a few number or voice promts and DIDN'T get transferred 9 times because, ( althewhile repeating all my information with ever new customer serve rep in no-mans-land) " I'm sorry, Ma'am, I can't help you with that becase it isnt my department, let me transfer you" to only get DISCONNECTED and start allllllll over again. This fond memory, is of course, when I was a VERIZON customer and a happy one at that.
On top of the basket full of kittens that Fair Point Customer Service is, my service was interrupted for non-payment. Mind you, this has NEVER happened before. My husband and I pay our utility bills gratefully every month and have NEVER had so much as a disconnection notice in the mail. But I discovered after tearing open my monthly bill that it was a whopping 457.00 because they had been triple billing us for the past 2 months. And this was 3 months ago. Still hasnt been resolved-after a few hundred more transfers and "pin the blame on another department", which seems to be the Fairpoint Mission Statement.
The clincher to all this is I cant DO anything about it- I live in Rural America and have no other options for telephone or DSL service. So I "Googled" The phrase " Who hates Fairpoint as much as I do??" and came up with this site. At least I got my grievances aired. If any of you have suggestions I would be ever so grateful and I am not happy in your grief, however glad that I am not the only New Englander fed up with this poor excuse for a business.

A  19th of Mar, 2009 by
I hate them too, their website is awful, doesn't work with Firefox, half of the things that should be secure are not. I have paid my bill with their new system only 2 times, and so far has not gone through...

I wish there was someone else to switch to so I can have my Fios... if Comcast had Fios or speeds like it I would go back in a heartbeat.
A  16th of Jun, 2009 by
I agree whole heartedly. They have double debited my account twice and put me in the hole for over 1oo.oo dollars. No one in that office knows what the other one is doing. I would not reccommend FairPOint to any one. I never had this trouble with Verizon.

FairPoint Communications Logo FairPoint Communications