[Resolved] Facebook / account disabled for no reason - no response to appeals.

United States Review updated:

My account was first suspended for "suspicious activity" - and the last thing I did on it was to like a post about the soccer World Cup. It was the 4th of July 2018.
A month later it was disabled with no explanation. I have tried submitting multiple appeals, but never even got a response from the company. Nothing - not even an email acknowledging that they read my appeal.
I submitted a BBB complaint, and all I received was a response that they could not help me through BBB, that there is a ticket opened, and I should have received an email requesting more information (which never happened - is Facebook lying, or are they just incompetent? or maybe both?). The rest of their responses said that I should contact their Help Center (as if I hadn't!!!).

In the country, where even the legal system has a rule that you are considered innocent until proven guilty, why is a company allowed to do as they wish, and disable an account that has never received a complaint in 10 years? An account, whose owner has never posted anything offensive, never tried to make any sales etc? And with no explanation? Facebook should be held accountable for such unethical practices.

• Resolution statement

Account reactivated

Ox
Jan 02, 2019

Comments

• Ta
      May 15, 2019

Same problem here.. and Facebook still not responding.. is their is any legal way to file a case ???

• Ta