Expedia.ca / no customer service!

1 Canada Review updated:

Through Expedia.ca, we booked return flights for my family from Toronto to San Juan. They're all fine except the connecting flight from Montreal to Toronto. The flight to Toronto leaves Montreal 22 minutes before the flight from San Juan lands in Montreal. We have not been able to contact anyone after multiple 3 hour sessions waiting on the phone for one of the Expedia customer service reps and multiple emails. We will never call them again. By the way, isn't false advertising against the law because their Customer Support page is far from the truth!

Comments

• Ca
      28th of Oct, 2007

Expedia.ca is unbelievable. They won't deal with problems via email (only to tell you there is a problem, but not what it is) only by phone. The problem is you can't get any one on the phone to help you. If you're "lucky" you'll get someone who'll put you through to the supposed person you need, but I have no idea how long you'd have to wait to speak to this person and if they will actually be able to help you. We waited on hold several times, the longest being 2 1/2 hours, before giving up. I've now contacted the airline directly hoping to find out what the problem is. Never again!

• Mi
      13th of Nov, 2007

Expedia.ca = Bait and switch.

These people are LIARS and SCAMMERS and SWINDLERS!!!

They changed my flight time from a 12:30PM arrival to a 9:50PM - what a joke and they won't switch it back. I will cancel at this point for any penalty.

I hate expedia! I will never use them again and I will be sure to tell everyone I know every chance I get about how crooked these rip off artists are!!!

I write this while I am on hold for hr #3.

• Am
      17th of Jan, 2008

I want to add my story : I had a problem with Expedia and no one ever ever responded. Not even when I wrote to the president:

Dara Khosrowshahi
    President, Expedia Inc
    3150 139 Ave SE #500
    Bellevue, WA 98005 Nov 6, 2007

Dear Mr Khosrowshahi:
    I would like to bring to your attention a problem I had doing business with Expedia.ca. I emailed the following message to customer service via expedia.ca site Sept 25/07, and never received a response.

I am very unhappy with the service I received from Expedia yesterday. I booked a flight Sept 23 eve and on Sept 24 am I called to change my ticket. I was put on hold for over 2 HOURS. When an agent finally took my call, she said she'd have to check about fines for changing the ticket. Then I was cut off. She didn't call me back, and I have yet to receive a response from the email I sent yesterday.

I called Expedia corp and they connected to me to an agent from expedia.com. She said she couldn't change my ticket because it was from Expedia.ca. I wasn't willing to be put on hold for another 2 hours and was desperate to get my flight re-booked so she told me to call American Airlines and make changes through them. They answered the phone quickly and re-wrote my ticket. However they charges me 53.00 $ to change the ticket, and a15$ booking fee. I don't think that is fair and I request compensation. Also want to make sure I am not being charged twice for my ticket.

There are several problems here. 1) Expedia promises to reply to email requests within 24 hours. 2) The agent should have called me back. 3) I made a change in less than 24 hours and should have been given a courtesy reprieve from fines. 4) It is unacceptable to be put on hold for over two hours.

This unfortunate series of events will influence my future buying decisions when it comes to booking flights online. I do hope you can find a way to resolve these problems.

• Je
      14th of Mar, 2008

dear Amida Dana i saw your "story" and must say that you have not looked at all the facts you say you shouldn't have payed any extra to change your flight. ok so you booked the day befor now the reason why you didn't get any thing like that was because it has to be the same day then if you called expedia they would have done a same day void but it was not the same day. so to call American Airlines when you booked throught expedia the reason they charged you was because your flights were through expedia and they had to then take over rights to the ticket. and about the e-mail i don't remember seeing any where that it says e-mals will be answerd in 24 hours where the hell does it say that? any way all iun all the air line had full rights to charge you what they did sorry

• Je
      14th of Mar, 2008

Ok Mike from toronto your turn. it wasn't expedia that changed your flight it was the air line that changed it and expedia just got notice that it changed and is the one to tell you. expedia is not able to change flights out of no where it is the air line that does that not expedia. so befor you go yelling at some one know what your talking about.

21st of May, 2008

Yep expedia sucks .. . you saved yourself maybe $50 compared to using a travel agent, then you would have had a face to go back to, a company that has visible presence in real communities. You brought it on yourself though . . . online travel agencies . . . caveat emptor.

• Mi
      2nd of Jul, 2008

phone calls are more important then emails. emails can wait if it regarding a flight change you should call. If your house was on fire you would call the fire department you would mail a letter. Same goes with emails. a phone call always get the job done!