EverHome Mortgage / lack of service

United States Review updated:
I too have had the unfortunate dealings with Everhome mortgage being my mortgage company from being sold by Regions. I called to make a sceduled payment for my December payment and while on the phone I set up (my mistake) my January payment. My December payment was late due to Christmas and was taken out last friday... then the other wasnt supposed to be take out until Jan 30th and I would be current, but no the next payment came out on saturday so my bank account was in lockdown until the unscheduled charge was reversed. Once it was taken care of I check my bank account today and guess what, they took it out again!!! So I go through the whole dance and song again to get it taken off AGAIN so my bank account is for the second time in lockdown!! What the hell??????? My 13 year old needs a job so I may ship her to Florida to straighten out the company (she can do math and scheduling). And to boot my monthly note went up 250$ because someone guessed at my Escrow (new screw up). Stay the hell away from them or burn your house down and live in an apartment so you dont have them for a mortgage company!!! ( can you tell im upset??)

N  16th of Jun, 2010 by
I was forced into signing a modification of my loan, which I was later told I did not qualify for, leaving me behind on my mortgage. When I asked what I could do to get caught up, I was told that I would qualify for a forbearance for six months and they would work out a payment plan with me at the end of this time to bring me up to date. After six months, they stated that I did not qualify for a repayment plan, that I dd not make enough money. During this time, I was getting nasty collection letters, when I called Everhome I was told to ignore these, that by law they had to send them to me. That as long as I was working with them, they would not foreclose. I had been saving these six months so that I could make payments. Now they say that I have to try and qualify for another modification. After I sent in the paper work with the help of a mortgage counselor, I got a letter saying that my house was in foreclosure and that there would be a sheriff's sale next month. I firmly believe that they led me down this path on purpose. Now I don't know who to turn to.
A  8th of Aug, 2010 by
We are going thru the same thing with Everhome, we leave messages, call them once a week in regards to the status of the paperwork we've filled out three times in three months to see if we qualify for any help and we keep getting diconnected when they "transfer the call to another department", or they never return our calls..my husband and I both feel they have been keeping us at bay to buy them time to start the foreclosure process. We have finally had it after 4 months of getting absoulutely no where with these people. Now we have an attorney.
A  1st of Sep, 2010 by
The exact same thing happened to me. Someone else said they called the FBI. I am getting an attorney and I am calling the FBI. I already called and filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and the Federal Trade Comission.
N  17th of Nov, 2010 by
Everhome also made a mistake in calculating my escrow - payment went up 300.00/month. They will foreclose on the property. I have come to the understanding that Everhome will probably get away with this foreclosure. I have written to just about anyone...HUD listened the most intently - maybe something will come of it. This company is a disaster. I did think of burning down the house...My family still likes me better out of jail!! I'm not done with them yet - I believe someday something will come of this.