Europcar International / car hire dublin airport - baby car seats
We hired a car (Skoda Fabia) from Dublin Airport from 19th to 23rd December 2018 and also opted to hire a car seat for our 15 month old baby. There were two seats in the office, the sort that can be carried outside the car and the sort that is fixed in the car. The larger of the two seats (the fixed one) looked to be too large as the inserts were missing so we opted to try the baby carrier instead. I took it over to the car and realised the straps were broken as there was no strap between the legs to pull to make it tighter when the baby was in it. The man in the office came to help and tried to convince me that it was an "old-fashioned" type of seat and that you needed to tie the straps in a knot at the back of the seat, which is absolutely not correct and a very dangerous thing to say. At this point I said I wasn't happy with the seat and he made a phone call and more seats were delivered, one of which was suitable. I really think Europcar staff ought to be better trained in car seats and the defective seats ought to be chucked out before an accident occurs.
More Europcar International Complaints & Reviews
- Europcar - fraud and cheating! 
- Europcar - europcar "serenity pack" scam 
- Europcar - worthless insurance cdw
- Europcar Spain - overcharging - swindle! 
- Europcar - damage surcharge 
- Europcar International - rental return - fraud charges!
- Europcar International - payment
- Europcar International - 5 waiting hours to deliver car reservation on time
- Europcar International - rental car
- Europcar International - not full tank!