Europcar / terrible company
My wife and I went for our Honeymoon in Spain and rented Europcar (although it wasn't the cheapest) to take advantage of their "Free GPS" offer. We had a 3000 miles tour of the country in mind and reserved a Peugeot 307 for comfort particularly due to my tall size.
At Europcar in San Sebastian, instead of our protest we received a Fiat Punto (way too small) instead of our 307 and the GPS was no longer free, they claimed not knowing about any free offer! In route, the GPS stopped working, we stumbled our way through Leon and eventually found a Europcar office. They were of no help, would not replace the unit and barely gave us directions to our next destination.
We brought up all these issues when we dropped the car in Barcelona and insisted they not charge us, specially since the GPS had not worked (and we had them note so in our file). In the end promises were made but when we returned to the US, we found out the GPS unit had been charged in full.
We are so sick and tired of these Bait & Switch tactics as well as the complete lack of support and wall blocking when we file complaints. This industry should be better regulated.
More Europcar Complaints & Reviews
- Europcar - fraud and cheating! 
- Europcar - europcar "serenity pack" scam 
- Europcar - worthless insurance cdw
- Europcar Spain - overcharging - swindle! 
- Europcar - damage surcharge 
- Europcar International - poor mode of operation and damage claim
- Europcar International - rental car
- Europcar International - no car available, is bad customer service 
- Europcar International - lisbon portugal car rental.
- Europcar International - car return in florence airport, italy