Eureka / product replacement plans

Saint Joseph, MO, United States Review updated:

i had purshased a vaccuum in October of 2009. With the vaccuum I also decided to purshase a product replacement plan. It was a very big mistake. They are a joke to get people to spend more money. They are fairly cheap but it several people a day purchase them they can equal up to alot of money. I been having problems with this vaccuum for months but had the product replacement so decided to wait to deal with it big mistake. I had went to walmart to return to vaccuum. I was informed that there is a two year factory warranty on the vaccuum and until that warranty ends there is nothing they can do for me. So I called the manufacturer and they want to ship the vacccuum 60 miles away just to get it fixed and if they feel it was my fault then i am responsible for the repairs. So I dont understand the whole purpose of the plan. I always shop at walmart but i think this just did it for me. I figured I would try to replacement warranty for convience. It hasn't been convient and I still can't use the warranty. It's wrong to do people this way. They have lost my business. Kmart is just as cheap and a person can return things to Kmart for up to 6 months no questions ask. I think something needs to be done about they way they treat people.

Comments

• Vi
      11th of Jul, 2009
    Eureka - AMC Charges
    Eureka Forbes Limited
    India

Dear All

I have purchased the Eureka Forbes Latest water purifier model 5 years back. I found that the local person are charging more money for AMC. Every year, he says that AMC charges are increases..

I request the company representative to contact the customer directly and clarify that what would be right charge

Regards'

Vimal
    [protected]@yahoo.com

• Te
      2nd of Nov, 2009
    Eureka - They are a joke to get people to spend more money
    Eureka

We bought two Eureaka vaccums and twice the motor burned out on us! The first time we thought it was wear and tear, the second happened again. The motor was not spinning the rotors and then smoke and POOF. Done.

• Wp
      1st of Feb, 2011
    Eureka - disfunctional unit
    Bloomington
    Illinois

I purchased a Eureka Enviro-Steam Floor 313A cleaner in March 2010 with the 1 year warranty. It has worked sporatically. It is heavy, difficult to clamp the cleaning pads in place, pours out all the steam at once leaving a huge puddle on my floor which I have to wipe up with a towel, has a limited cord length. I would not recommend this product to anyone. Eureka has chosen not to stand behind their product and passes the problem to a repair shop and then back to amazon.com. I've offered to return the faulty cleaner to them for a return of the purchase price and they will not take the unit back and told me to return it to where I purchased it. Amazon has a 90 day return policy and after that says you have to return the product to the manufacturer, who says return it to amazon.com (a pass the problem to someone else technique). I could understand if I had done something to damage the unit, but newer reviews that have been written by others describe the same issues. So much for customer satisfaction.

• Ak

• Fo
      5th of Sep, 2012
    Eureka - They are a joke to get people to spend more money
    Eureka

I had purchased a vaccuum in October of 2009. With the vaccuum I also decided to purshase a product replacement plan. It was a very big mistake. They are a joke to get people to spend more money. They are fairly cheap but it several people a day purchase them they can equal up to alot of money. I been having problems with this vaccuum for months but had the product replacement so decided to wait to deal with it big mistake. I had went to walmart to return to vaccuum. I was informed that there is a two year factory warranty on the vaccuum and until that warranty ends there is nothing they can do for me. So I called the manufacturer and they want to ship the vacccuum 60 miles away just to get it fixed and if they feel it was my fault then i am responsible for the repairs. So I dont understand the whole purpose of the plan. I always shop at walmart but i think this just did it for me. I figured I would try to replacement warranty for convience. It hasn't been convient and I still can't use the warranty. It's wrong to do people this way. They have lost my business. Kmart is just as cheap and a person can return things to Kmart for up to 6 months no questions ask. I think something needs to be done about they way they treat people.