eTrade / Awful service

Opened account with Etrade and electronically deposited funds. Etrade web site indicates funds will be available in three business days. It's been 5 business days and funds still not available for use. No Etrade indicates they will not release funds until two weeks after the account is opened.

Numerous calls and emails to Etrade have failed. Etrade refuses to release funds, despite acknowledging the funds were deposited electronically 5 days ago. Their customer service officials have no clue how to serve, they simply repeat no, no, no.

I will close my account... they won't close it until two weeks have passed... as soon as possible and suggest anyone considering this firm look elsewhere.

Va

Comments

Ma
  30th of Oct, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

I had the same problem. Their customer service is usless!! Oh by the way by the time they release your funds you lapse your time to redeem their so called 100 free trades promotion. How are they still in business?

Me
  3rd of Nov, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

ETRADE SUCKS!!! DONT OPEN AN ACCOUNT WITHOUT READING THIS BLOG!...

I had the same problem with etrade. I requested to close the account immediately... But the problme is that they will not transfer my money until 2 week waiting time is completed. Etrade sucks... I bet you they are using this money in stocks and making extra profit with my money...

The customer service sucks, and dont really care if you are going to close the account. The online transfer said it will be available in 4 business days, and at the 3rd day I looked and shocked to see that funds will not be available for 2 more weeks. I immediately called etade and close the account..

I am gonna try scottrade. I learned that their stock trade fees are $7 versus $9.99 and electronic funds will be available in 2-4 hrs on the same day. Thats what I call fast service. It is amazing to see etrade still in business...

I am so pissed that I am thinking about opening up a web site dedicated to complaints about etrade. That would teach them a lesson in the long run. But in the short run I requested to close my account immediately.

Mc
  11th of Nov, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

I have had MUCH WORSE ISSUES with E*trade so consider yourself warned by your experience. CLOSE YOUR ACCOUNT WITH E*TRADE, DO NOT BUY THEIR STOCK!!! I just finished a FINRA hearing against E*trade in which their inexperienced reps sent out false and misleading information to my account which caused me to lose 125K, yes one hundred and twenty five thousand dollars!!!

They are breaking laws each and everyday and will be out of business soon. In my case the attorney's for E*trade lied, covered up and refused to produce documents, erased recorded phone calls of their untrained stupid dipshit reps talking to me, deleted portions of other conversations, and lied about screen shots they send out ot their customers. This company is pure ###...I've seen them in person, I've seen them Lie through their teeth. THEY WILL BE GOING OUT OF BUSINESS SOON!!!

Ri
  1st of Dec, 2008

Total rip off!

Fu
  22nd of Feb, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

Etrade's policies and employees are unethical. Don't use their site.

Ba
  11th of Apr, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

They did almost the identical thing to me referenced by Mchristo above. If you are still reading this did FINRA side with the crooks? They are a kangaroo Court, the fox guarding the hen house.
E*Trade effectively stole, no stole as in thieves, $50, 000.00 from my IRA account in December 2007.
They committed fraud by selling to me on a solicitied basis no less, a security that just 4 weeks later was illiquid. This trash is an Auction Rate Security. The former CEO was dumping them in his own account in the early fall of 2007 and in E*trades house account. meanwhile the little pos' "brokers-liverworts" there were selling them as cash equivalent, money market funds, short term AAA rated short term bonds. Nothing was further from the truth! To this day I cannot access MY funds, and E*Turd just tells me to go pound sand.
STAY AWAY UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE ROBBED BY A GANG OF THUGS! The "folks" at this bucket shop make Poncho Villa look like a guardian angel, imo.