Etour And Travel / Not able to cancel unauthorized payment!

1 Manitoba, Canada Review updated:

I was contacting by Etour and Travel after looking at their website. We were looking into different traveling companies to see what they had to offer for future use. The representative on the phone said that he would send me information and that it would not cost me anything until I had made a decision.

When I got my visa statement, Etour and Travel had charged me $415.00 and this was without my authorization. I called them and explained what happened. The date of the transaction on my visa was January 14th and they said that in their system it was the 12th. So, because I was calling on the 29th it had already been past their 15 day cancellation period. This was something that I was never informed about when the call was made to me or when I received the DVD in the mail. The DVD did not come with a letter or any information about me having an account with their company.

Their customer service representative would not let me talk to the manager and when I finally decided to pretend to cry they gave me customer service's email address. But that's as far as I could get. Their customer service is very unwilling to help you when it comes to refunds when you didn't authorize them in this first place.

Comments

• Ge
      23rd of Feb, 2008

This very thing happened to my wife. She was in tears one day when I came home from work. She worked really hard to make a vacation for our family. She had made reservations then changed the date (by one day) with this company. The company told her no problem - I guess they need to keep two reservation for us in the system because once you cancel one it's gone. She phoned numerous times and They were working on it but we still had the old reservation as a back up. She called again last week and was told our reservation was cancelled. Which means we have park tickets, plane tickets, a rental for the week and a paid in full package that does not give us a place to stay for 6. She wanted to speak with management but no management was available, there or would speak with her. She was hung up on and she is persistent. When she called back she was told there was nothing they could do. They offered to down grade and return the fee for the upgrade and my wife asked them which child they would feel comfortable with staying in a room by themselves (The rooms were not even attached). She passed some threats and still nothing not even a manager. She then contacted the BBB and began calling around for another resort to take us in. When she found one (Thank you Westgate) Etour and Travel would not refund our money. It was a scam! I knew it - We had written confirmation so we had a case. My wife contacted the company once more to hear the same story - Nothing they could do, no manager, no refund! She says she told the young man on the phone to get a pencil. Write this down! I am contacting the Better Buisness Bureau and will form a complaint - I will then contact your CEO Lance Croft (Thank you BBB for the information) then I will be faxing a letter to your affiliates and will follow them up with phone calls every hour on the hour. I will then contact an attorney and reclaim what has been lost by your company on our vacation. She just finished explaining everything to me when the phone rang - It was a manager from Etour and Travel with great news - She cried harder. They are putting my family up at legacy Dunes and fronting the bill on a few other items for our inconvience. My wife is in Florida now and having a great time with her family - Legacy Dunes is nice and the kids are loving Mickey Mouse. I pays to be persistent -I only wish I could have gone too.

4th of Apr, 2008

Hi,
    how did they receive your credit card information?

• Ra
      28th of Jul, 2010
    Etour And Travel - False Promises

This company will lie to you to get your business. When you have committed and try to book your vacation they will change the things they said to you based on the "small print". DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY! STAY AS FAR AWAY AS YOU CAN!

• Ci
      29th of Mar, 2011

Be more specific. What is the small print and what happened? I just bought this package and I am investigating before the 15 days so I can cancel if necessary.

• Rh
      30th of Mar, 2011

Text here ...

• Rh
      30th of Mar, 2011

They had promised that the hotel booking would be at a resort (and they had marketed that to us upon initial sale). When it came time to book the hotel they got us the cheapest hotel (Not on a resort) that they could find. They indicated that the small print said that this could happen. I told them that this was not in keeping with the marketing campaign that they had conducted (small print notwithstanding). In the end they did refund all our money. I hope that helps.

• Jr
      8th of Dec, 2011

I sure wish I had read all the complaints before I fell for their worthless promises. It is a scam. The salespeople will tell you anything to get the sale and nothing is what is promised.

• Tr
      8th of May, 2014

E tour and travel took 198.00 from my account offering a vacation package. I attempted to book in march of this year, I was told daily, someone would call me back or to call at a later time. Now it is roughly 12 days from the time i am to arrive and the company E tour and travel tells me I cant receive those days. I ask for a refund and am told i am out of my 15 days to receive one, but I ve tryed to book since March and have the online confirmation to prove it, but still cant get a refund.