Etour And Travel / Unauthorized charge!

United States Review updated:
4.25
I was billed $198. when I told the salesman that I did not have the money for a trip. He said "lets just see if it will go through". I told him I couldn't afford it. I didn't realize that the charge had been made until it showed up on my credit card bill. I did not give permission to this charge.

Beware!

Comments

De
  26th of Sep, 2007

eTours & Travel - Fraud and cheating!

I was sold a "package" that was misrepresented to me over the telephone, and now that the details are being confirmed (we leave on October 5, 2007) this is not what I was told at the time of the purchase. And now this company will not refund my money... This is a scam and they have my $149.00... HELP!!!
Je
  2nd of Jan, 2008

eTourAndTravel - Unauthorized charge!
ETourand Travel
Delaware
Phone: 407-515-2400

I was offered a package deal and declined than the sales rep states I could hold the package for 3 years at the stated price for only $98.00. I agreed to that charge and only for that charge but when I received my credit card statement I was charged for the full amount of $498.00 dollars. When i immediately called the company they stated they were going to refund the money only to find out they charged my account 4X's. When I spoke to a sales rep the only thing they stated was it was the companies fault and they are working on the matter to refund my account. on 12/19/07 I checked my account again and noticed they charged my account again. when I spoke to a sales rep they stated I authorized to pay for someone else's package and they stated I spoke to a supervisor name Kime who authorized the charge. I never spoke to a supervisor named Kemi and when I asked to speak to her I was informed she was to busy to speak to me and a message will be given to her to call me back in the next 24 to 48 hours. When I spoke to the rep by the name of Andrew and asked him how could they charge my account he states they have a recorded conversation where I authorized this transaction when I asked to here this recorded message I was informed that he would inform his supervisor but he told me I could not get a refund. How could this company charge me for a package I did not authorize and if I am calling every other day to try to resolve this how all of a sudden I can not get a refund. If I do not get answers I will sue the company. I do not want to have anything to do with this company ever again. This company is full of fast talking sales rep who say one thing but do entirely different once you hang up the phone. I was informed if I was not satisfied with a package after I thought it over I could cancel after 15 days I have been calling for the last 3 weeks at least every other day do every third day and now all of sudden I can not get a refund because a Supervisor will not get back to me in a timely manner. I would never inform any one of this company and will try to stop anyone from ever using this so called vacation site. I want all my information DELETED form the files of ETourand Travel. I have requested again for a supervisor to call let's see if that will happen because I am demanding a full refund of $498.00 dollars that I did not authorize Kime to take from my account.
  9th of Jan, 2008
Took a payment without permission on credit card.
De
  15th of Jan, 2008
Yes Beware,

When you give a sales person your credit card and agree to a DRS recording of the sale your card will be charged...

Are you really that dumb?
Be
  31st of Jan, 2008
This if for Devon Smith, the guys with the pervious comment, who acts as if he has been to the trip before. But really, Devon, you sound like you are working for etourandtravel and i bet you do, because you back them up in every little comments that everyone has about them. So F*ck you Devon, because no compay has the right to charged anyone's credit card without their permission.
Ch
  3rd of Apr, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
You tell em John the same ### happened to my wife. She fell for a few of these scams and our accounts are about wiped out because of all this ### so she don't talk to anyone anymore she hangs up cause they will tell you one thing do another.
Ma
  4th of Apr, 2008
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
Hi,
how did they get your credit card informatio?
  20th of May, 2008
WHY ARE YOU LYING?
I USED ONE OF THESE TRIPS JUST RECENTLY
MY KIDS LOVED IT
AND I PAID $598 TOTAL FOR EVERYTHING
I HAD MY RECEIPT NUMBER 3 98 DOWN W/ A BAL. OF 200
MY BANK ACTUALLY REQUESTED THE RECORDING FOR ME
I NEVER HEARD IT BUT THEY DID.
WHO DO YOU BANK WITH!
Fo
  29th of May, 2008
ATTENTION: John, Christina, & David.

First to John. You're a complete idiot.
Why would you give someone your credit card number unless it was to charge it? If they established that 198 would be charged and then u gave the card # then that is what is going to happen.

David: You're an idiot as well.
It's not a scam, it's a timeshare. You live in america, you don't get somethign for nothing. You get a good vacation, for a very affordable price in exchange for an hour of your time for the timeshare tour. Your account is not being wiped out, unless all you ever had was 398$ in it, in which case you're just poor.

A company can only accept CC's over the phone if they are legitimate. Scams use western union. Learn how a scam works. A CC purchase is traceable, whereas sending money through western union is not. That's how scams happen. Go learn something about life.

Have I worked for Etour and travel? YES
Did I enjoy it: Depends. I like talking to people about florida and traveling and stuff.
I enjoyed trying to sell people, it's fun.
Did I get a lot of sales? NO, i was only there a week.

Just listen to what they tell you. You get exactly that.
Wa
  13th of Jun, 2008
thats so true devon. the whole freaking thing is recording on an FCC recording that is required. THEY agreed to the charge. everything was stated on a digital recording and people still complain and say its a scam when in all actuality they feel stupid for charging however much to their card because the are freaking broke. E Tour and Travel does anything and everything to keep their cutomers happy. Why do you think that they have been in buisness for 32 years? WALMART has complaints, EVERY store or whatever has complaints its the bad apples that work for the company that lie that cause trouble and i can assure you they were caught and fired. every call is monitored by a supervisor and it is to ensure the quality of the call. These people are just angry that their wife or whatever charged their card. DEAL WITH IT BUDDY. e tour and travel is a great company to deal with.
St
  15th of Jun, 2008

Resort - A positive expierence
Etourandtravel
Kissimmee
Florida

THis is no complaint. I have read all the responses. And I had a great expierence. IF people would listen and NOT take in what they want to hear they would have a wonderful trip. The complaints I have read are ALL from people that in one way or the other can't follow instructions or can't remember what is required. The complaints I have read for the most part are rideclious and due to consumers ignorance more than the companys failure. I had a great time
Lo
  21st of Jul, 2008
Those are not valid complaints. E tour and Travel offers great vacation deals at phenominal discounts, I hear a lot of chatter about these deals are being to good to be true; they are not. The discounts are financed by timeshare companies willing to foot the bill because statistics show that 1 in every 10 people are going to buy on those timeshare tours. I know a lot of people who strictly travel on these deals and get to travel all over the country for discounted rates, the method of sale may be unorthodox, but it is fully backed up and legitimate. So if people want to spend 2000 dollars on a vacation they could of got for 500 or less thats up to them. But 60 minutes of my time is more that worth it to save more than a thousand dollars on a vacation.
Kk
  16th of Oct, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Etour and travel is a joke!!! a great company to deal with? are you kidding me? "Just listen to what they tell you. You get exactly that." Oh really? I have documents of what i was TOLD i was getting, and then what i got.. Completely different. These people are liars and when i cancelled my trip, the customer service lady was extremely rude. they are a bunch of liars and crooks.

So yes, I do believe i have a "valid complaint" ...
I'm sure all you people are only defending them because you work for them.

and also, if Etour and travel really "does anything and everything to keep their cutomers happy" they would have refunded my money and cancelled my trip, no questions asked instead of being rude and offensive like they had something to hide. They are not legit, DO NOT FALL FOR THEIR SCAMS!!!
  18th of Oct, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I went on my trip and had a great time. Whats up with you guys. Just pay for it get there and have a ball. They were professional, intelligent people. Gave us free tickets to Disney parks. All went well. Maybe you should give it a try again. I loved every minute of my vacation...
Ne
  6th of Mar, 2009
i use to work for e-tour and travel and they never send me my w-2 form
Be
  8th of Mar, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I hope I am in time to proctect you from these people. I just got back from Orlando with them and in a word - HORRIBLE! I still cannot believe I fell for thier marketing tactics. Did you know that they are indeed, just a marketing company, not a travel agency? They are employed by a timeshare group that insists you attend a hardsell sales pitch. As for the vacation itself, here are the facts.

The "reception centre" is out of the way and if you arrive later in the day like we did, extremely difficult to find.

But first you have to go pick up the car, which is offsite, via shuttle from the airport. The cars themselves are extrememly small, forcing you to upgrade. This from "the horse's mouth". I was actually told by a rep at the agency that this is a deliberate strategy so they profit as well. Then its off to the reception centre to pick up the hotel vouchers and finally to the hotel.

The hotel was extrememly disappointing and certainly did not look anything like the website. It was clean and the staff polite, but that is about the best I could say. Rooms were old, fixtures were worn and the air conditioning sounded like the shuttle was taking off. Impossible to sleep through as it kept cutting in and out. We changed rooms twice but with no improvements.

Once again, I just really hope I reached you in time.
A1

E Tour & Travel - con, fraud & theft
etours&travel
Woodstock
Canada

Surly there must be something we can do about this. Isnt there an organisation that looks into fraudulent companies & closes them down? These people should be stopped, closed down & prosecuted!
Rk
  29th of Jul, 2009

ETourandTravel (TimeShares) - Deception and extra charges not mentioned
ETourandTravel, Inc.
3626 Quadrangle Boulevard
Florida
Phone: 405-515-2500

Rather than repeat many of the complaints that have been conveyed by many about the deception by this telemarketing business, I would like to express what everyone with a complaint about this company needs to do. Go to http://myfloridalegal.com/Contact.nsf/Contact?OpenForm&Section=Economic_Crimes

Yes, you can lodge a complaint with the Forida BBB but they don't actually take action. They merely put them on a "Complaints" list.

Fill out the complaint form on line. Be sure to list how you were deceived and how additional charges whcih weren't explained appeared against your account. Also, how you were deceived with how you could cancel within fifteen days.

I initiated Fraud Charges with my bank to retrieve my $99 just in case they try not crediting my account.
Mi
  2nd of Sep, 2009
I was phoned by E Tour and Travel telling me I had one a massive package including hotel, a cruise, vouchers, tickets, and a whole lot more, all sponsored and paid for by Universal. It was all covered except $399US. I thought, "sure, why not? We couldn't decide on a honeymoon destination anyway. This is a good deal." WRONG!!! It is a blatant scam. They gave me all sorts of verification numbers, operator number, their business address, and a number of other peices of information that led me to beleive it was legit. So I gave them my CC for the $399. As soon as I got off the phone, I called Universal to see if they new about the contest, just to be safe. They'd never even heard of the company. I called my CC company. They had tried for all sorts of amounts, the highest being $903 the lowest being $463. Good thing I gave them my CC that was already maxed. As legit as they seemed, and as careful as I was, they were very convincing. I learned a lesson that has been told to me many times. NEVER give out your credit card details. They didn't get anything from me, but,
BEWARE "E TOUR AND TRAVEL"

ETourandTravel Logo ETourandTravel