[Resolved] Etihad Airways / service at check in counter

Time: 17h15
Location OR Tambo Intl Airport
Etijad staff involved - Faaizan krull
Desk no A102

On check in i kindly requested to be connected with my sister who was not yet at the airport. The clerk immediately began using racial and derogatory terms, which are video recorded with her face identifiable, and proceeded to tell me to get out of her face and use another counter to be serviced. I was called, on record, "[censored]", "stupid", "BLACK"
Iam the stepdaughter of an inoffice minister of government currently and i have escalted the above to my lawyer. A case of crimin injuria is being opened, awaiting my signature of the statement and the video WILL be given to multiple newspapers to ensure the treatment of etihad is known to all use it. I will personally ensire that this incident is known to everyone everywhere and marks the perception of this brand, this behaviour in any regard is disrespect and undignified to ones character. You are welcome to pull records.

On requesting the name of the clerk i was told to "[censored] off" and go ask someone else as people "like myself - monkeys" cant receive such information.

Really?

I am in talks with my friend, editor in charge of a newspaper called Mail and Guardian (amidst others) to maximise this in light of footage received. I will make sure this appears on social media, the national news and i will ensure ot trends worlwide on travel blogs (including my own) . I wish Etihad well but i remain doubtful in light of such behaviour.

The footage will not be sent to Etihad.

Etihad Airways

• Resolution statement

• Etihad Airways Customer Care's Response, Aug 08, 2018

Hello Riziki, we are sorry to hear that. Please share the details of this incident with our team by sending it to [protected]@etihad.ae so that our team can investigate it and get back to you. *Marc

Ri