[Resolved] Etihad Airways / misleading promises by etihad customer service

I am traveling with my wife today on a flight from USA to India. I was interested in carrying a TV back home so I called up your call centre about 2 weeks ago to check the baggage policy and the person on call said that anything below 52 inch TV was okay to take as our 4th luggage as long as the total weight of all 4 checked in bags was below the acceptable limit ( 23*4 kg).

Based on the same, I purchased a 49 inch TV.

Yesterday I called up your customer care again and the guy on the call again confirmed that there was no size limit to carry a TV as long as it was my fourth bag and the total weight limit for both of us was not reached.

Today, when I was trying to check-in the baggage, your staff at the airport refused to listen to us at all. They said that the customer care had not put any notes on our account and there was no such policy of LED TV exemption.

As a result, I shelled out $320 as excess baggage there, for a $200 Toshiba TV.

I'm feeling so cheated at the moment by Etihad. Can you please investigate into the matter and hopefully give me some relief. The reason why I called 3 times was to confirm that I would not need to pay this huge amount.

Etihad Airways

• Resolution statement

• Etihad Airways Customer Care's Response, Dec 02, 2016

Dear Rohit,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us regarding this experience. We'd firstly like to apologise for any disappointment and have our team look into this for you. To do so, kindly send this feedback with your booking reference to [protected]@etihad.ae
    Once we have an update we will get back in touch *Gill

Ro