[Resolved] Etihad Airways / delayed luggage and cheating customers

To Whom it May concern,
My name is Bahera Hanafi and my mom's name is Nadida Abou Lebbadeh. We're both Americans coming from Fresno, CA to Egypt. Our case number is CAIEY37702

Below is a detailed story of what happened with us.

We even submitted a complaint on Etihad airlines website and received no reply.

I hope that someone would hear us.

Awaiting your feedback ASAP.

Dear Dina,

I tried calling you several times but no reply. You also canceled me yesterday and didn't call me back. Unfortunately, if I don't receive I reply back by today, I will have to escalate the issue. I will post the story all over social media. This airline has a terrible disappointing unacceptable customer service. You promised me with certain actions, for full reimbursement yet I haven't received anything for the airline.

I will spread my experience all over social media, I will let everyone know that you are not a credible source.

It really saddens me that a company would put its customers in this position. It has never happened to me before and I will make sure that that it doesn't happen to anybody else.

Best regards,

Get Outlook for iOS
From: bahera hanafi
Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2018 10:21:43 AM
To: [protected]@etihad.ae
Subject: Fwd: Case Number: CAIEY37702

Dear Dina,

This is a gentle reminder to the below email.

Get Outlook for iOS
From: bahera hanafi
Sent: Sunday, July 29, 2018 12:33:42 PM
To: [protected]@etihad.ae
Subject: Case Number: CAIEY37702

Dear Dina,

This is Bahera Hanafi, case number CAIEY37702. I arrived with my mom, Nadida Abou Lebbadeh from Fresno, CA to Cairo, Egypt on July 18, 2018.

My mom's bag was lost. Her bag was red and consisted of all her medications, clothes, shoes, 2 cell phones, new clothes, and spices.

Upon arriving at the airport, we created the minutes of the bag lost. The next day we tried calling the call center but unfortunately no answer. It is either their phone is always busy or no answer. After several attempts, finally someone picks up the phone, they tell us there are no news about the bag. On, July 25, I called the call center, and after having a long argument with them, they inform me that there is a bag placed in the warehouse that matches the description of the bag we gave them, but we would have to come to Cairo airport to take a look at it. The bag had a different number from the original one. So it could be our bag but it could also be someone else's, according to the call center.

We booked a ticket from Alexandria, Egypt (this is where we reside) to Cairo airport at 6:00AM. I went with my mom and my dad. My dad knows the directions so he guided us the way.

When we arrived at the airport, the person responsible for giving us clearance to check the bags tried to take 30EGP to go to the warehouse claiming that this is the procedure. After long argument with him, I did not pay the 30EGP and went to check my bag. I was welcomed with very bad treatment. Anyway, I check the bag, and it belonged to us. It turned out that the bag was at the warehouse since July 19th, and we were only informed coincidentally by the man at the call center on July 25th.

In addition, the call center had informed us that the Etihad airways office was at the airport. when asked about the location, we were informed that there is no office present. Also, Etihad airways's phone number is not working. We also sent emails, no reply was received. Even the claim form on Etihad airways is not working. we approached the information desk at the airport, the woman working there also informed us of the same thing, no office present. I informed her, that the man of the lost and found department informed us that we can speak to an Etihad representative. She said that this would depend if there is a flight available, if not then we would have to wait for the next flight. She checked her screen, and told us there is a flight, and finally we were able to get held of you.

All this time wasted and all this unnecessary treatment we have received from people could have been prevented. We were worn out from the long trip. We were exhausted. But, finally our trip was over, and we were able to pick up our bag and get a hold of a representative working at the Etihad.

All this delay, caused my mom to be in severe pain from missing her medication in addition of the trip hardship. My mom is diagnosed with rheumatoid. In addition, she wore used old clothes and under garments. This is not to mention, the emotional distress that this has caused to all of us. We were placed in constant stress through out this whole period.

Attached is:
- A copy of Nadida Abou Lebaddeh's passport (my mom), and Bahera Hanafi's my passport.
- Transportation tickets ( my dad-Mohamed Hanafi, Nadida Abou Lebaddeh, and myself Bahera Hanafi)
- Dad came with us, because he guided us the direction to the airport.
-Etihad Electronic Tickets

We hereby, demand a compensation for the delay of the bag, the pain my mom passed through because she missed her medication, and the pain she felt in the trip from Alex to Cairo airport, the emotional distress we faced, my mom having to wear used old clothes, and a refund for our transportation tickets.

We have traveled in so many different airlines, yet Etihad airlines was the worst experience we have faced. It was a very unpleasant experience and I hope that nobody has to pass through all this again.

Awaiting your feedback!

[protected]

• Resolution statement

• Etihad Airways Customer Care's Response, Aug 05, 2018

Hi Bahera, we are sorry to hear that. We will check with it with your officer and ask her to get back to you. *Marc

Ba