Enterprise Car Rental / confirmed reservation = no car

1 Stanley, KS, United States Review updated:

I have been having a little bit of car trouble lately. I called Enterprise to get a rental car because they will 'pick you up'. It was a nice feature, and my first few days went well. I returned the car, but a few days later my car died again. This time on a 100 degree day, with my 6 and 8 year old children in the car. So, I called Enterprise of Belton MO to rent another car thinking I would take advantage of the 'pick me up' slogan. When I called the nearest office in Belton, they didn't have any cars... wow... no cars. So I called the next city over, Grandview Mo... Again, no cars. Frustrated, I called my ex to get the kids, and my mom and grandmother to come and get me.

When I finally got home, I hopped on the internet to make arrangements for a car the next day. I got online and was relieved to find the closest office, Stanley KS, had cars available. I completed my reservation and slept easy. I had decided to get a little exercise in and ride my bike the 2.5 miles to pick up the car. As I was getting ready to leave, I had the foresight to call and confirm my already confirmed reservation. Good thing I did.

THEY DIDN'T HAVE A CAR FOR ME. Here it is, 7:30 in the morning, I need to go to work like everyone else... and I don't have a car. Thinking maybe I will have to wait until 8:30 or 9:00... I was told that they wouldn't have a car until late this afternoon.

What is the use of a confirmation if it doesn't ensure that you will get a car. I think it is a terrible business practice to let people make plans based on the reservation you made, and not hold up their end of the bargain.

Rm

Comments

An
  11th of Jul, 2009

They should have offered to take you somewhere else and pay the difference. Of course they don't want to, so next time ask them to make you a res elsewhere. As a courtesy.

Am
  18th of Jun, 2013

The same thing happened to me June 11, 2013. I had a reservation with an Enterprise location at 200 W Beltline Hwy, Madison, WI. This was NOT an airport location and reservation was made a week in advance to pick up F-car (full size) at Noon. That day I had an appointment in northern WI at 3 PM so I was allowing for the drive time to get to my appointment. They called me at 11 AM and told me they did not have a car for me and that I'd have to wait until 3-5 PM before they would have a car available. Most likely someone was standing at their counter and told them they'd pay a higher rate for my reserved car. It's all about the money and screw the person with the reservation. I should have just gone to their location to see how many cars they had on their lot and demanded that with a reservation I was entitled to an upgrade if they didn't have the F-car I reserved. I'll never rent from them again since they have such unscrupulous practices.