Enterprise Car Rental / confirmed reservation = no car
I have been having a little bit of car trouble lately. I called Enterprise to get a rental car because they will 'pick you up'. It was a nice feature, and my first few days went well. I returned the car, but a few days later my car died again. This time on a 100 degree day, with my 6 and 8 year old children in the car. So, I called Enterprise of Belton MO to rent another car thinking I would take advantage of the 'pick me up' slogan. When I called the nearest office in Belton, they didn't have any cars... wow... no cars. So I called the next city over, Grandview Mo... Again, no cars. Frustrated, I called my ex to get the kids, and my mom and grandmother to come and get me.
When I finally got home, I hopped on the internet to make arrangements for a car the next day. I got online and was relieved to find the closest office, Stanley KS, had cars available. I completed my reservation and slept easy. I had decided to get a little exercise in and ride my bike the 2.5 miles to pick up the car. As I was getting ready to leave, I had the foresight to call and confirm my already confirmed reservation. Good thing I did.
THEY DIDN'T HAVE A CAR FOR ME. Here it is, 7:30 in the morning, I need to go to work like everyone else... and I don't have a car. Thinking maybe I will have to wait until 8:30 or 9:00... I was told that they wouldn't have a car until late this afternoon.
What is the use of a confirmation if it doesn't ensure that you will get a car. I think it is a terrible business practice to let people make plans based on the reservation you made, and not hold up their end of the bargain.
More Enterprise Car Rental Complaints & Reviews
- Enterprise Rent A Car - deposit refund 
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car - toll violation and $15 admin fee b/c no one returns phone call 
- Enterprise Rent A Car - misleading, smoking policy, pick up,& drop off time 
- Enterprise Rent A Car - we'll pick you up-not drop you off 
- Enterprise Rent A Car - charges 
- Enterprise Rental Car - van no smoking 🚭
- Enterprise - rental car toll booth violation fee 
- Enterprise Holdings - reserved premium suv not available at check-in
- Enterprise Holdings - customer service and rental horrible
- Enterprise Holdings - Enterprise customer service