Enterprise / fraud

1 United States

I rented a car from Enterprise in Killeen, Texas because I had to make an early morning appointment on Saturday morning. The rep advised me I should get the weekend special because the office was closed on the weekends anyways. I picked up the car friday evening and on Saturday morning proceeded to go to my appointment that was 50 miles away from my home. As soon as I got on the highway the tire was flat. I called the company to get the roadside assistance but they said it would be a few hours. I was told to put the spare tire on myself if I wanted to make my appt. On Monday I brought the car back and told them about the flat tire and being late to my appt. They could care less. The rep told me the tire had sidewall damage. He told me I must have parked too close to the curb that night. The thing is is that I parked the car in a carport away from any curbs or sidewalks. Then he calls the manager. The manager gets the tire and starts poking around with his key and tells me he found a hole and that someone must have slashed the tire. Now that they are claiming the tire was slashed, they tell me I am liable for that. I told them I had my own insurance but they said it did not matter because tires and stuff must be paid out of my own pocket. I tried to ask them if they could determine if the tire was damaged the night I picked it up but they wouldn't hear a word of it. They were extremely rude and accused me left and right about damaging the tire. Now they are going to try to notify my insurance. If anything, I don't feel I should be charged for the day the tire was flat and ruined the whole reason I rented the car.