Encore Marketing / Billed for Membership

Encore Marketing Norm Thompson Rwards
I realized after looking at a $14.95 charge on my credit card for six months that I had no idea who Encore Marketing was, why they were charging me, when it had been authorized, etc. My wife had the same thoughts. My credit card company would only refund the last three months of charges and said I had to call Encore to get the rest of the money back. I did some research and concluded that a Norm Thompson purchase precipitated this unauthorized, repeating charge, and more research showed that it was for some type of stupid "membership club" for travel, etc. I called Encore and the original operator who answered said she could refund two months of charges. She put me on hold for about 25 minutes while we "waited" for a supervisor. Finally, she came back on and said her supervisor reversed the rest of the charges except for the first month's $1.95 starter charge. I will wait to see if this really happens. She said that we somehow agreed to a receive this membership for one month in exchange for $15 off a $50 Norm Thompson order, but I do no think we have EVER purchased $50 worth of merchandise from Thompson to receive the discount. At any rate, perhaps I did get the discount, but this membership was clearly buried somewhere in the fine print. Those who criticize us for not reading the fine print, give me a break. You know as well as I do that these slimy companies try as hard as they can to hide their true intentions so they can steal from you, hence the small charge monthly that adds up to some big money over time.

N  6th of Nov, 2010 by
Guys if u want ur refunds back just called the emi guys, some indian will pickup and ask him for full refunds he'll provide two first then transfer the call to some consumer guy who is also a indian, and dont give up ask for more refunds, he might offer you till a year and if u ask for more he would transfer the call to another supervisor who can give you your full refunds... during the call dont forget to threaten them with attorney, BBB, and mention that u'll take legal action on them cause thats the magic word. belive me it works 100% !!..