Empire Carpeting / Substandard Carpeting

1 Milwaukee, WI, United States Review updated:

I so wish I would have checked Empire Carpeting on the Internet before I had them install our carpeting. I assumed since they have been around a long time they must be a reputable company with a good product. Absolutely not.

It sounds like my husband and I are having some of the same issues so many others have had. Our carpet was installed about a year and one-half ago and it looks terrible. I noticed after about less than a year after our carpet was installed it started to look worn out. Our representative assured us it would wear very well (not). I picked out a carpet that looked textured - because of the twisted fibers the representative said. It looked beautiful when it was first installed but in about six months the well-traveled areas started to look dull and flat and a different color than the areas that weren't well traveled. Also, our vacuum cleaner bags were just full of carpet fuzz the first three or months we had the carpet. Our representative told us this would happen and not to worry about it - that should have been my first clue to run away from Empire Carpeting.

Anyway, I decided to call Empire after about a year because so many areas were looking bad. They told me they would send somebody to check into it. When their representative came to look at the carpet I showed him how worn out some areas were. He took pictures which didn't really show much and said somebody would get back to me. We got a letter from Empire about a week later saying they wouldn't do anything about it and it was just a result of the fibers becoming untwisted. WHAT??? And that's supposed to happen? They should have told me that when I ordered the carpeting - I wouldn't have ordered it. Now I'm stuck with ugly carpeting (after spending $3, 000) that I'm going to have to replace because it looks crummy in so many places. Why are companies like Empire allowed to continue operating when they sell a substandard product and won't do anyting about it? Just another case of a big company screwing the consumer.

Comments

• Co
      11th of May, 2009

Thank you for bringing your installation experience to our attention. We apologize for any inconvenience, and our team would like to work with you to explore a resolution. Please contact us at webcustomerservice@empiretoday.com so that we may be able to assist. You can also visit our online customer center at http://www.empiretoday.com/Customer-Service.

Sincerely,
    Consumer Advocate Team
    Empire Today, LLC

• Wh
      1st of May, 2012

Pack of lies. A client of mine called and told me her HORROR story regarding the criminals called "Empire Carpeting". A fat-###, sweating salesthing showed up, intimated them (mind you they are older and retired), started to swear, call names and was told that they (my clients) wasted 2 hours of his time. Wish that fat-### would showup but then again, I would never, ever buy anything from them criminals anyways. The back of the carpet SHOULD have a label of some sort which of course there was none. Bad sign right there. Carpet is less then 2 months and looks like crap, like it was there for the last 30 yrs. They called, had a adjuster come over and look at the carpeting and took pictures. Told my clients that was bad carpeting and should be replaced. Do you know what BULL they got from the company, They walk too heavy. eh, da, speechless. Can you believe the gall of them? ### artists!!! Gathering up the paperwork and contacting the BBB, states and General attorney offices. Justice will be servered. A-HOLES...