Emirates / bully in dubai

1 Hong Kong Review updated:

I missed my connecting flight from Dubai to Hong Kong due to Emirates flight delay. On arrival in Dubai, I told the ticketing staff personnel, a Filipino man, that I was not feeling well and could not possibly wait in the airport for 6 hours to catch the next flight. He then rattled off Emirates policy of not providing a hotel room unless the flight was delayed for 8 hours. I then told him that I was about to throw up and faint and really needed to rest. I was feeling really sick and gave him back the ticket that he issued me and told him to give me a better alternative. He then ignored me and put the ticket aside and called for the next passenger! He cooly told me to talk to his Arab manager as he is just a mere ticketing clerk. I approached his manager and the Arab manager started shouting at me even before I could explain the situation. I am not sure if they are not used to being told by a woman but the guy acted crazy. The entire connecting flight department was his personal kingdom and he wielded so much power that he could refuse to give me my connection ticket. I realized then that I was very lucky not to be born in such a country where the supposedly best airline treats passengers like ### after they step into the UAE. Woman beware that Emirates continue with the Arab tradition of treating women as second-classs citizen and it is better to take other airlines to be safe. Later, a pleasant customer service personnel told me that the manager in charge of ticketing operates the the place like a military camp and has received many complains from passengers.

Comments