Emirates / boarding pass

1 Bangladesh

I was travelling to dhaka from london via dubai on 3rd october 2010 on ek 006 at 22.15. My flight numbers were ek 006 (3rd oct) and ek 586 (4th oct. ) respectively. I had made my bookings before I left dhaka on 26th september. Both sectors had been upgraded to business class with my skywards miles. Emirates had sent me my e-ticket the day before I was supposed to fly back to dhaka. I am a frequent flyer no [protected] and a gold member. Whenever possible I try to fly emirates.
On check-in at heathrow, I was told that I did not have any booking for dubai - dhaka sector as the boarding card had been issued to someone else with my surname (Azad). I really wonder how this was possible? There are the first name/s, title, ticket number, passport number, pnr etc to consider. When I asked where this had happened I was told it was & lsquo;in some other station’.
I had to wait for more than an hour before this could be resolved, leading to uncalled for anxiety and uncertainty. The agents dealing with the situation were not very helpful, either, and at times downright rude (Using terms like & lsquo;butt off’) ! I appreciate that they were trying to sort things out, but perhaps this is not the right way to do it!!
I wonder if your esteemed organization could look into the matter and ensure this kind of problem does not recur. However, the website for complaints does not look encouraging!
In today’s security conscious world, such incidents, where mix-ups with names are involved, can blow out of proportions!
I would request you to please take into consideration the passenger’s feelings when s/he arrives at the airport, sanguine that s/he has a confirmed seat, but is told otherwise!!
Hoping to get an early response
Sincerely
Kishwar azad
(Prof dr. Mrs kishwar azad)

Ki