Emirates Airlines / non-refundable tickets
Emirates have been sued bymy friend because apparently he had a nonrefundable ticket. he did not know this but because of medical reasons he had to extend. They took his money and gave an extension. When he came to book the return journey they said there were no seats. Then they rang and said they had a seat. He went to collect the ticket and they said his ticket had expired and demanded nearly US $2, 200 for his flight home!
We now discover that if you have a restricted fare then you may not get a seat because only a limited number of seats are allocated for restricted fares. So if they can't provide a seat because all seats have been allocated and you are forced to stay beyond the validity date, well bad luck for you it seems. They tell you that you have to pay a higher fare to get to come home. The number of restricted seats varies according to how full the plane is, so you are never guaranteed a seat!
Has anyone ever had a problem with non refundable tickets? Do people know that they might have difficulty getting a seat if they have an 'excursion' fare or one with similar restrictions?
If anyone in Sydney or Australia are having a problem please let me know. Maybe I can help.
More Emirates Airlines Complaints & Reviews
- Emirates Airlines - refund or change of date of airline ticket 
- Emirates Airlines - lost luggage! 
- Emirates Airline - baggage claim! 
- Emirates Airlines - hindu meal 
- Emirates Airlines - inappropriately charged for cabin luggage for man-dxb-blr flight (booking reference fzqh62) 
- Emirates Group / Emirates.com - lost property 
- Emirates Airline - flight 
- Emirates Group / Emirates.com - denial to board the flight 
- Emirates Group / Emirates.com - emirates airlines 
- Emirates Group / Emirates.com - luggage broken lock and handle