Emirates Airlines / missing stroller and swiss knife!

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

My wife traveled from Delhi-Dubai-Birmingham on 5th August 2007 with two children aged 8 years and 3 years. At the time of collecting baggage at Birmingham International Airport found Stroller/Pram and Swiss knife are missing. She inquired at the lost baggage counter and lodged a former complaint regarding missing stroller and swiss knife. She was told by the Baggage Claims Emirates person that things will be send to our home address in Birmingham with in 5 days...

We waited for 4-5 days and found no news from them... After that we tried to contact at Birmingham I.Airport - Emirates baggage claim counter but everytime their phone was engaged. Ultimately we got somebody and told him/her about problem.They said soon they are going to send things. After few days we got a call from some body in the night by 10.30pm by saying that he is going to deliver stroller at our place by 11.30-12.00 pm in the night. I told him that he can leave stroller at the Concierge of our building because it will be too late and next day i had to go to work in the morning by 6 am.

Then in the morning we found it was wrong stroller and no swiss knife... Then we tried to call at Birmingham I Airport office and then at London Emirates - Baggage claim office and told them about wrong stroller delivered. They said they are going to find our stroller and going to send some body to pick wrong stroller from our place. So after few days somebody from Airport picked that stroller from our place and did not deliver our stroller... But since then there is no news of our stroller and swiss knife...

We are disgusted by Emirates Airlines attitude and thinking not to fly with Emirates in future but we want our things...

My name-- Rajiv Singh Nama
My wife's name ---Bhawana Singh Nama
Flight no EK039 , Baggage no -- EK 071840
My add and phone no-- 51 Shenstone Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham B16 OPT, Great Britain
[protected], [protected]

Comments

• To
      22nd of Oct, 2007

I also had a terrible experience with Emirates Airlines regarding changing name on my wife's name on the ticket, which was booked in her married name, but unfortunately we realized shortly after the booking her old passport still had her maiden name, we had all the necessary official documentation to prove shed had changed her name but this was apparently not acceptable, and I was informed that I would be charged the sum of £200.00 for a simple name change. How can this charge be justified. As I had paid the full amount there was nothing I could do, I had to either accept the charge or lose the cost of three international flights.

The Emirates staff where totally in flexible and rude, with no customer service. I was virtually held to ransom. I am a frequent flier and I have never being treated so badly by an airline and my travel agent Travel mood.

I would advise anyone to avoid both of these companies at all cost.
    You can not even complain to Emirates as there is no web site available for a complaints procedure.

Regards
    Tony Leonard

• De
      25th of Dec, 2007

I travelled 19th December Baku to Dubai by Azer air lines and my connecting flight is Emirates EK 504 on 20 th Dec form Dubai to Mumbai. I have not received my baggage and I lodged complaint on same day. The file reference number is BOMEK16627/20 Dec07/0352GMT. Kindly let us know the status.