Emirates Airlines / missing flight reservation
I am a Skywards frequent flyer member residing in Bahrain. A week ago I decided to take a short vacation in Muscat, with my wife & 3 year old son.
We booked our return tickets via Skywards online booking, redeeming my reward points.
Our outbound flight from Bahrain to Muscat was uneventful.
However, when we tried to check-in for our return journey we were informed that no reservation existed in our names in the system. We tried to show them the print-out of the booking confirmation that we had received by e-mail, but all to no avail.
Finally we were forced to purchase fresh tickets at cut-throat last minute rates, and wait endlessly in the airport till our next flight which was 8 hours away. All this drama happenned in the wee hours of the morning, from 2.00am - 10.00am. We were two sleep deprived, exhausted adults, accompanied by an exhausted 3 year old toddler.
We are currently trying to get an explanation for this weird incident and get a refund for the money we spent buying extra tickets.
Could someone please tell me who exactly I could address my complaint to, to get fast and responsible action.
More Emirates Airlines Complaints & Reviews
- Emirates Airlines - refund or change of date of airline ticket 
- Emirates Airlines - lost luggage! 
- Emirates Airline - baggage claim! 
- Emirates Airlines - hindu meal 
- Emirates - denied boarding
- Emirates Airlines - Lost baggage
- Emirates Airlines - racial discrimination and extremely rude behaviour
- Emirates Group / Emirates.com - airline service
- Emirates Group / Emirates.com - crew cabin
- Emirates Group / Emirates.com - baggage