Emirates Airlines / missing flight reservation

Bahrain Review updated:
I am a Skywards frequent flyer member residing in Bahrain. A week ago I decided to take a short vacation in Muscat, with my wife & 3 year old son.

We booked our return tickets via Skywards online booking, redeeming my reward points.

Our outbound flight from Bahrain to Muscat was uneventful.

However, when we tried to check-in for our return journey we were informed that no reservation existed in our names in the system. We tried to show them the print-out of the booking confirmation that we had received by e-mail, but all to no avail.

Finally we were forced to purchase fresh tickets at cut-throat last minute rates, and wait endlessly in the airport till our next flight which was 8 hours away. All this drama happenned in the wee hours of the morning, from 2.00am - 10.00am. We were two sleep deprived, exhausted adults, accompanied by an exhausted 3 year old toddler.

We are currently trying to get an explanation for this weird incident and get a refund for the money we spent buying extra tickets.

Could someone please tell me who exactly I could address my complaint to, to get fast and responsible action.

Thank You.

Dipu Thomas

Comments

Dr
  9th of Jun, 2009
I am using Emirates airlines frequently, but last night I came from Dubai 9/6/09 EK 037 to Birmingham (BHX).
When I arrived to the Emirates counter in Dubai to check in to Birmingham, I told the Staff that I have medical problem that needs stretching the limbs which means a big space for that, I repeated this twice to her, My nephew also told her, she confirmed that the Seat will be provided as requested, when I was in the plane I was offered a seat not as requested which was number 29. And after 2 hours waiting in the plane the test failed and we were asked to leave to the waiting area without any courtesy or professional in dealing with us they were irresponsible, being moved from one area to another, the waiting area was not prepared to look after us, then after 2 hours they had lunch in BURGER KING which was over crowed with a long queue at the same time while another plane was waiting for us! I told the supervisor about the situation who said to us that he had no solution except waiting. We were helpless. At 17:10 I told him that because of my (CVA=cerebro-vasualer accident) I face difficulty in walking and need a Mobile car to get me to the gate, he told me he will bring the car within 30 minutes in the BURGER KING. After that he vanished, he made me waiting for nothing he was unprofessional and has no sense of humanity, he deceived me, the Passsengers were upset from this action.
I was feeling HELPLESS While Emirates staff were watching us when the final call was announced I felt that I will lose the flight and had to walk with the difficulty I face. Luckily, at the last minute I saw a car passing me to the gate number 225 and had to jump to get on with them..!
I had to go to fisrt class Land Hostess to explain the situation despite of my (CVA), Who managed to put me in (22H) which was the exit seat.
When the plane arrived to Brinmigahm it was too late to take the train to Rugby that was prepaid ticket, I had to take train from Bringham Airport to Coventry, then took a taxi to Rugby again to drive back home. That was the worst nightmare I have ever seen.
I was expected that Emirate airline is liable for this inconvenient ;cost, agony, inhumanity and waste of time.
I do request Emirates airline company to compensate me for a New Ticket that will the least that I can expect.
Waiting your reply.