Emirates Airlines / damaged luggage contents!

1 Brisbane, Queensland, Australia Review updated:

My luggage on transit from London over Dubai to Australia was left in 50 deg C heat for two days in Dubai (late arrival to Brisbane) in which all my expensive clothing and gifts were spoiled due to plastic bags and shampoo bottles melting in searing heat and had caused damage to my luggage contents. In addition of being unable to gain access to my unit (my keys were kept in my luggage) and ending up paying 2 nights of hotel accommodation out of my pocket, I also ended up over $500 worth of contents damage. Despite alerting Emirates customer department immediately delayed/lost luggage and contents damage, all they have to offer me is some free flight points next time when I fly with them. No compensation for damages nor out of pocket expenses for hotel accommodation! They basically turned my long-planned London trip into a very bad experience. I would not recommend Emirates to any Australian flying public. In contrast, Qantas airways provided us and my parents free accommodation at the Melbourne airport when their LA-Melbourne flight was delayed, causing us to miss our train scheduled to depart that night to country Victoria town of Sale. They also provided us with a free rental vehicle. Now that is a extraordinary service, 10 out of 10 marks to the great flying Kangaroo. I have 6 email correspondence with Emirates Customer department and can provide it to relevant/interested parties if needed.

Mi

Comments

• Mi
      3rd of Apr, 2008

Subject: Emirates Airlines
    Dear Sir/Madam
    Could you please remove my postal address and phone number from the above posted complaint since it breaches my privacy?

Both the address and the phone number is actually mine, not the Emirates's phone and address (it supposed to be Emirates and not mine).

Miss Pinar Ozaydin

• Pa
      12th of Apr, 2009

Dear Sirs,

I am writing in regards to a visit visa standoff between me and one of your employees who promised to issue me two three month visit visas at a cost of AED 1500 each.

I payed the money to this particular gentleman and he processed one of the visas though its validity was only for two months, the second visa though fully paid was never processed and no reason was given.

After a bitter follow up with your employee and upon disclosing to him I would follow up from your offices, he offered to pay back the money in installments.

Six months down the lane since our agreement for the payment to be done, this gentleman payed for three months and refused to pay the balance. please advise me what would be my chances of getting back my money since I have many responsibilities and I am quite caught up financially.

I have some of the emails which we exchanged during this time and i will be willing to forward them to you if need be.

To contact me on any precendings please use my address paulmtd@hotmail.com