Emirates Airline / claims reimbursement from damaged baggage and late delivery
Emirates Airlines is wonderful to fly in but recently I had a very bad experience with lost and damage baggage and claims reimbursement.
My bags were transferred from an Air France flight to Emirates. They arrived 3 days later than my arrival in India from Paris. The bags were visibly damaged, several items were missing including some perishables.
Subsequently, I filed the claims form with receipts of the missing, newly purchased items-which thankfully I had retained. However, I did not have receipts for some cheese I had bought worth a small amount of $20.
In the final claims settlement, Emirates insisted on providing "evidence" of damage for the product- which I had shown to the delivery agent as I discarded the same. Also, they settled for a much lesser amount for my brand new turtle shell luggages without any reasonable explanation.
They refuse to reimburse these items and issued a final statement that a "detailed review" was done on my claims. Again, there was no rational explanation on why customers need to provide receipts for food products that they did not anticipate will be lost.
I find this to be a case of complete lack of discretion and faith despite inconvenience caused to the customers. The claims processing of emirates clearly needs to be better managed to serve customers.
More Emirates Airline Complaints & Reviews
- Emirates Airlines - refund or change of date of airline ticket 
- Emirates Airlines - lost luggage! 
- Emirates Airline - baggage claim! 
- Emirates Airlines - hindu meal 
- Emirates - denied boarding
- Emirates Airlines - missing stroller and swiss knife! 
- Emirates Airlines - non co-operation
- Emirates Airlines - extremely bad organisation of flights
- Emirates Airline - sale of ticket by misrepresentation
- Emirates Airline - aircraft defect