Emirates Airline / no exact information about transit visa

1 Cyprus

I am student. I want to go to san francisco.
Last night I had valid ticket and valid visa of united states.
My flights were as following:
Larnaka-dubai with emirates airline (Ek 108)
Dubai-landon again with emirates airline (Ek 007)
Landon-sf with virgin athlantic (Vs 019)
I bought my ticket from emirates airline from iran and them come to larnaka to pick up my us visa form its embassy at nicosia.
My ticket includes all of my flights. It is worth mention that it was return ticket. And cost me 2250$.

When I want to check in to fly to san francisco, the emirates crew and officers did not let me to check in. The reason was that I don't have transit visa of landon. I explain them that because I have unites states visa in my passport I don't need landon transit visa. But they don't have exact information about this problem, and they said we can let you check in.
You can check this site. See "passengers exempt from the datv requirements" part. That proves I don't need landon transit visa.

Http://www.Ukvisas.Gov. Uk/en/doineedvisa/visadatvnationals

I miss my flight and tomorrow morning I again go to the airport and prove them that did not need any transit visa. They said I should email to emirates. They don't care that I am studen and have no extra money to buy to pay for hotel and food.

My ticket that I bought from emirates airline cost me 2250 $ and I miss my flight because of its crews. My new ticket from another airline costs me 1060 $. I have to stay in cyprus for more 2 days and should pay for it.
I want to refund all of my money from emirates airline because that was their problem, and do not know about the condition and requirements of transit visa.
With whom should I talk? I want all of my money.

Samira