EMC Mortgage Corporation / can't reach a live person on customer service phone number

1 Dallas, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-723-3004

EMC is paying too much nfor taxes from my escrow account. The customer service number insists I press a number to reacfh someone but there is snever a live person, only more buttons to pus. Then they cut off my call.
Doesns't a lender HAVE TO HAVE a human being to discuss such matters?
I am frustratede beyond belief!

Comments

• Kh
      26th of Jan, 2009

Hi, I have had the same problem, here is what you can do (what we have done) to get a hold of them call 1-800-695-7695 and just stay on line, don't press any buttons, eventually it will give you an option of speaking to operator, and she can direct you, or try 1-800-695-7695 ext 2106, that's what the operator told me to do. I think, it is very unfair to their customers that they don't let them know what is the number for actual "live person".

Hopefully, this will help you!

KK

• Je
      5th of Feb, 2009

Customer service does not exist at EMC. I have tried for months, during their supposed hours. It immediately disconnects when you try to speak to somebody. They do not even have an email address!

VERY SHADY! Their loans are all transferring to Chase, but in the meantime I am very uncomfortable sending them my money.

• Be
      16th of Mar, 2009

I had a mortgage loan with EMC. I arranged a short sale of my property with EMC, and escrow closed on the sale back in October 2008. EMC owes me IRS Forms 1098 and 1099-C, neither of which I have received. I succeeded in speaking to a real live person at EMC and requested that they send me those forms. They agreed to send the forms. This was two weeks ago, and I haven't yet received the forms. I'm worried, because I'll need the forms to file my income tax returns.

• Fr
      7th of Oct, 2009

I agree, EMC mortgage Co. seems to be very illusive when it comes to customer service. I've been in the process of a loan modification with this company for several months now and it seems as though they arn't really interested in working with the customer/tax payer at all. Banks/lawyers/politicians oh my, does this remind anyone of a place called OZ as opposed to America. When it comes to working with any of these guys it just feels like I/we are the sacrificial lamb being lead to the slaughter. Keep your eye on the ball America, if you can!

Freeland Southard