Electrolux / customer service

1 OK, United States Review updated:

purchased six electrolux icon appliances for my kitchen. Both the icemaker and the 36" gas range cooktop are defective out of the box. Icemaker doesn't make ice and the gas range has a gas leak and is unusable. For 2 months I have been promised repair then replacement by various supervisors. Still same broken products. This is the worst customer service I have ever been involved with.

To

Comments

Re
  9th of Feb, 2010

I've had similar experience with Electrolux service.
It's hard to conceive that any company could have worse service.
I've also discovered to my dismay that their authorized service techs (independent companies)
suffer terrible problems with Electroclux too.

On the flip side I've discovered that Sub Zero has FANTASTIC service.
Purchasing a Zub Zero frig was a huge investment for us but their design was the only one that worked for me.
I never would have worried about the expense had I known Sub Zero has such GREAT service.
They were spectacular in helping with installation due to design issues with our cabinetry.
They know me the minute I call and offer additional tips and support I didn't know would help or think to ask.
Every company should emulate Sub Zero's customer support.
Sub Zero has won a customer for life.

On the dark side is Electrolux--they seem determined to avoid any support of any kind whatsoever and they torture you in the process by transferring you all over the place only to get back to the same mean operator.
If you haven't purchased Electrolux you're lucky--stay that way and avoid problems by avoiding Electrolux.

Ri
  3rd of Jun, 2011

I have had their appliance repair services out 4 times for the same problem and it is still not fixed...and the refrigerator is not even 1 1/2 year old yet! The service people asked me for my owner's manual because they were not familiar with Electrolux appliances!
I spoke with another customer service rep last night about the on going ice maker problem and asked for a supervisor to call me and so far I have not heard from them.
Please people, do not buy Electrolux appliances. You will be sorry.