eHarmony / continuing to charge subscription to credit card after advising I do not wish to continue membership!

I became a member of the e harmony dating service for a month and they have monthly auto renewal option. Six days before the renewal date, I informed them that I do not wish to renew my subscription. As I didn't receive a reply, I wrote to them again a day before renewal date. On renewal day, I received an email saying my membership fees were charged to my credit card. I replied to that email stating that I wrote to them before and requesting a refund. Still no reply. I wrote again today but am not expecting a reply and have no way of recovering my money.

Comments

Su
  30th of Nov, 2007

eHamrony makes more money out of cheating people out of money by continuing their memberships after we have canceled more than once. Someone needs to look into this and take legal action.

SHUT THEM DOWN!!!

Ch
  2nd of Mar, 2008

I called and they refunded me. You cant wait months to pass bye. Take immediate action and they give it back.

I had to get the number from my credit card. The phone numbers are always accessable to the banks.

Ma
  6th of Mar, 2008

You can look into a Charge Back which means that you get your Credit Card company to look into a wrongful charge and they can charge the company the money back. I'd imagine it's quite bad for a credit rating.

Ad
  8th of Mar, 2015

I have the same problem. I am trying to cancel, but the 'cancel' and 'do not renew' instructions give directions to non-existent links under Account Settings. I am pre-alerting my bank to consider any renewal charge as fraud and alerting authorities.