eHarmony / scam, false profiles

I also believe this is a scam..I feel they make up their "compatibility ' matches.. How could it be..50 'matches' at least are sent..no pictures..from all different areas..when you request communication, there is no response ..no pix, not even a single word..nor do they even open their email??NOT ONE! To confirm my belief, Ialso have 3 other friends on this site..and they are having the same ( or even worse) results...It's been 3 months..and have had only 2contacts.Total scam I feel..maybe the BBB bureau or the state's Attorney Generals office need to be contacted..It is a scam and we should all look into this!

Ad

Comments

• Ag
      26th of Mar, 2009

I agree. I have met three people. I managed to get to stage 3 of communication and then no response for days. I'm wondering if I'll actually get to "open communication." There is a load of loops one has to jump through and the questions you end up sending your matches are ridiculous. For example, must-haves and can't haves. What kind of idiot would want dishonesty or no chemistry. Duh.
    I got myself out before those pranksters renew my subscription. I'm hot and I'm going out with my friends...

• De
      18th of Apr, 2009

I've been on eHarmony at three different times over the last several years. I cancelled early a few months ago, because I also found 99 percent of matches never respond, and the few that do almost always disappear when it's time for Open Communciation. I did meet a few guys in person, but wasn't attracted to them. Not something I'm proud of; they did seem like decent guys.

eHarmony kept matching me even though I cancelled. One of the matches seemed promising, so I re-joined because of him. Got a special rate, with choice of 3, 6, or 12 months. I foolishly chose 12 months for $179.70.

The promising match responded only during business hours on weekdays, and - big surprise - disappeard at the Open Communication stage. These people are probably lying about themselves, that's why they have to disappear. And this guy was either not serious enough about finding someone to invest own personal time on it, or wasn't single and unattached. Either way, not a good match and shouldn't be on eHarmony. There are plenty of other sites people who aren't looking for anything serious can use - including impulsive people looking for immediate hookups on Craigslist!!!

I called eHarmony and requested cancellation and a full refund, or at least to shorten my membership to the 3-month option, and a partial refund. They refused.

I called AMEX today and explained the situation. They are putting a permanent credit on my account and charging it against eHarmony.