Efax. Efax Plusmoney taken illegally

26th April 2009 2214pm i got my sign-up email of 30 days free trial to efax plus. This means I have 30 x 24 hour periods before card is debited...I expect..

Time passes...

26th May 2009 Tuesday Afternoon GMT (before 2214 pm I phoned and asked to cancel)...The very polite lady offered me a further 2 months trial FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

30 days free from 26th april 2214pm equals a charge date/time of 26th May 2009 2214pm, or even nicer 27th MAY 2009...

I checked my online bank today and you have charged (process date 28th May 2009) £9.11.

28 May 2009 Debit Card - J2 Efax Plus Servi 9.11
WHY?

Is this a professional company in action?

Please rectify as quickly as you charged...

I expect a refund to be done and processed and APPEAR in my account by monday morning 8th June 2009...

--------------
4th June I received a reply from Charlie "We will refund as this was taken in error"
-----------------

Time passes...

29th June, I still do not have my money and Charlie of efax has now stopped replying to my emails.

I have filed a card dispute with my bank and then will look at other options as well as posting on other complaints sites.

Comments

• Na
      Aug 26, 2009

Same thing happened to me. There was no mention of an immediate service fee. J2, EFax says the fee is non-refundable. What a scam!

• Mm
      Oct 27, 2009

Hi, my name is Michelle and I am an apprentice at Balestriere Lanza, a trials and investigations law firm in New York. Our firm has been investigating eFax's potential misconduct for several months and would be interested in hearing more from you about your experience. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience at michelle.[protected]@balestriere.net, or call Analyst Sarah Goodman at [protected] x 132.

• Ne
      Nov 19, 2009

Hi,

My name is Irene and I am a consultant. I got into trouble with eFax in a similar way:

30 days Trial. Before the end of trial, inserting the credit card details. Next connection to the service, the card (a mastercard) was indicated to have been refused. I re-entered the details, still didn't work - I mean no way to have the card accepted no ways to send a fax. I phoned, then no change. Then I forgot the story and thought that as the card appeared refused there was no problem for me and took another fax solution.

Months later, I saw that they had regularly debited the card. However, no change card still mentioned refused and no way to fax.

Sent an email asking for reimbursement, automated email received asking to call them. Called asking a reimbursement and stop the faulty account. Everything was supposed to be done.

My conclusion is that every single decision is made by efax to illegally debit credit or debit cards and avoid reimbursing illegally cashed money, from email responder to nice call center people with no responsability at all.

I will fill a card dispute with my bank and would like to complain against the efax company.

Nov 19, 2009

19th NOVEMBER 2009:

ANDY12345 UPDATE RE complaint about EFAX "money taken illegally"

My bank did not get anything done about this.
    EFAX never responded at all...
    Charlie's 10 emails were impotent and worthless. The company is worthless.

My bank: HALIFAX.. Their procedure was simple.

QUOTE "We will contact them about it and if they want to pay back they can, otherwise it's basically your problem as you gave them your card details"

WHAT THAT MEANS: It's your problem, you signed up, no matter how credibly large the company, once you give them your number you have authorised it forever, unless you can prove to our fraud department that its fraudulent.

I am lucky that they did not take multiple payments..

______________________________

• Pa
      Dec 08, 2009

I have NEVER done business with a service provider that charges subscription fees that are COMPLETELY NON-REFUNDABLE. Once you pay them, you can't get it back, as is clear by the other posts above.

The only way you can cancel is by using a clunky live chat feature on their website, and even then it's difficult to navigate through the salvo of canned responses. It's clear that the approach that they've taken to pre-charging customers for money that's non-refundable, and making customer interactions both impersonal and focused on maintaining profits at the expense of customer satisfaction is becoming increasingly evident in everything they do.

I'm not sure how long they've had the approach that they will not only pre-charge but not refund "unused" service, but it slipped right by me and it's likely it slipped by all of their customers. People need to know what they're getting into with eFax.

• Ed
      Oct 01, 2010

My complaints about efax are too many to mention here. They are taking my money illegally and forcefully. All I m suggesting that no one use their service... because you may end up having your credit card to charge any time they choose too and you will never get a refund...
    watch out if when you call you get hold of "Marvin or Claudia"