Edward Jones Financial Services / employment
Pursued possible employment with Edward Jones. One of the pre employment hoops is for you to go out and do a "survey" which is a door-to-door exercise, I believe, to see if you have the will to make one-on-one cold calls or not. In the two neighborhoods I chose, I ran into to people who had just spoken to someone with the exact same survey questions in the last few days (Edward Jones gives you a script). It is my impression that this firm wants to flood the market with brokers and see who sinks or swims. In all fairness, if you do pass muster they set you up in an office and pay you for a year or so until you can support yourself with commissions . If you've sold anything on pure commission with this shotgun approach, this might be a home for you but it was not for me.
More Edward Jones Financial Services Complaints & Reviews
- Edward Jones Investments - misrepresntation, fraud, seedy stock brokers 
- Edward Jones - lied about commission 
- Edward Jones - sales charges 
- Edward Jones - breach of binding agreement 
- Edward Jones - irresponsibility 
- Edward Jones - handling of our account affairs
- Edward Jones - lack of communication/customer service!
- Edward Jones - investment management
- Edward Jones - proceeds of sold equities
- Edward Jones - ira distribution for 2017