Edgars Fashion / Edconracist incident

On Saturday 8/12/18 I visited your Shelly Beach store to buy perfume as a treat to myself. I selected my perfume and your employee Sphephelo Malehaye started following me saying he will walk with me to the pay point. I pointed out that I am still going to look around the store for other items and he then took the perfume from me stating that he will keep it with him until I have finished looking around and can then collect it from him. It was embarrassing having an employee taking my purchase from me in front of other customers and basically stating that he does not trust me to pay for the item. There was numerous other customers that took items of the shelves and were allowed to continue shopping without being followed or having their purchases taken from them. It has left me with a feeling of not wanting to visit your store anymore and closing my account. I have been a customer of Edgars for nearly 30 years and this is the first time I have been treated like this. I purchased the perfume to proof a point that I can afford to pay but will rather be giving it to someone else as it will only remind me of a very unpleasant experience. I will rather look for another outlet to buy perfume.

Li