Edgars Fashion / Edcon / incompetent staff and extremely poor service

1 Durban, South Africa

I have recently been to the edgars store in Chatsworth and have been utterly disgusted and disappointed with the service received from staff and a credit manager. Due to time constraints I was unable to go to the edgars store that I had purchased my product from and needed to do an exchange for a different shade of foundation, I had brought along the tester that I received on the day of the purchase as that was my right shade.

Firstly there was no rep at the estee lauder counter to help me, secondly incompetent staff took the product from me and accused me of it being used even though I had not opened it - taking into consideration that I had brought along the tester with me to get the right which is FREE TO USE! (You do not need to be a geninous to acknowledge that if a customer is given free testers, he/she will make use of it first instead of the product they had purchased). Management was called and had zero people skills, did not help me resolve the issue and gave off a poor professional image!

I was unfortunately inconvenienced with regard to money and more importantly time as I had to travel all the way to the edgars store in Pavillion (where I had purchased the product) only to spend less than 5 minutes exchanging the foundation to the correct shade! I have been to most of the edgars stores in KZN, and so far Pavillion is the best but unfortunately Chatsworth degrades the edgars brand due to such incompetent staff and uneducated management. Please I urge head office to review the staff and management of the edgars Chatsworth branch as this is not the first time I have experienced something like this at this store.

I am fully aware that I cannot be reimbursed for my money or time that was unfortunately wasted due to such pathetic employees of edgars who could have avoided this entire problem if they had been properly trained. It will be greatly appreciated to know that something is done to those staff members, especially management at the edgars Chatsworth branch! This is in the best interest of customer care as well as the edgars prestige brand name. It would be greatly appreciated if the credit manager of the edgars store Chatsworth branch apologized for the massive inconvenience he had caused due to his incompetence as a manager.

Regards