ECPI College of Technology / Misleading and Dishonest

1 Charlotte, NC, United States Review updated:
Phone: 704-399-1010

I attended ECPI for medical administration, I drove 1 hour, one way, 4 days a week to find that some of the classes were sometimes running late or rescheduled due to teachers quitting at random for unknown reasons. The teachers who replaced them were deficient in the medical field and unhelpful. Since I received no financial assistance to help pay a tuition fee of $75.00 per month I had to find a job which forced me to miss a few days of class. I was very surprised to find a postcard in the mail informing me that if I missed anymore days I would possibly have to take the class again! The staff is unprofessional and not qualified to equip students with the knowledge it takes to work in the medical industry. Organization is something that you will not find here. As far as financially, I owe $10, 000.00 for attending 5 1/2 months of school and have absolutely nothing to show for it. I saw none of the student loan money and went farther into debt by only working part time and driving so far. I strongly urge anyone thinking about attending this school to try a community college or university. Financially it makes since not to attend ECPI, people I know who did graduate were not satisfied with the job placement and the diploma you will receive is worthless. The worst part is none of the credits I received can be transferred. And reasonably so. Don't make the same mistake I did.

Sa

Comments

• He
      1st of Apr, 2009

Research the difference between a career college and a private or community college.

• Dr
      9th of Apr, 2009

I am truly sorry for your bad experience at school, though it is not a good idea to attend somewhere were you can't easily access classes. A hour is long way to drive for school and having to work only makes it harder. I do have a few questions though: Did you research your school of choice? Did you really give 120% to you school work? And last isn't ECPI a school of Technology I understand they offer medical course's but it's kind of like going to a Dentist to get tonsil removed, sure he/she is a doctor but not the right kind of doctor. I am a student at ECPI and I did LOTS of research, sure they aren't the best school but they are far from the worst . They have been around since 1966 which isn't bad, also they have student housing (dorms)and like all colleges if you miss more than 3 days you get drop from your classes. I went to a 4 yr. college and got my associate degree now at ECPI I am getting my bachelor of science. Your credits are transfundable not sure in your case though since you didn't finish, but next time you might want to be ready for college 120% and willing to do whatever it takes to complete your education. We are adult now if we don't look out for our future who will?

class of 2011 Bachelors of science in Mechatronics

• Po
      1st of May, 2010

I dont know what you are talking about. if a clinic/hospital have dentist, surgeon, pediatrician, isn't it my choice to go see any of them provided that they can take care of my case? ECPI offer medical degree means that I can still go there and get my education.
    you went to 4 years college to get an associate degree? is this even practical? are you really a college student?

26th of May, 2010

Dr. Doom - your credits are transfundable? That statement alone gives you zero credibility. Your B.S. in "mechatronics" is truly BS. Might has well cook curly fries at Arby's. It's like getting a B.S. in "science". 2 1/2 years? What a joke.

• Am
      10th of Oct, 2011

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences. I am thinking of going to ECPI. Actually I have an interview today with an admissions representative. The LPN program I am considering is almost 30, 000 dollars. The draw is that I will not have to wait until next fall to start classes. But, after doing my research I feel waiting will be worth it; financially and academically.

• Ar
      9th of Mar, 2012

That happened to me. I am in soooo much debt now because of that school. Can anything be done?