Colorado Technical University is a accredited for-profit college with both online courses and physical locations in CO, offering Bachelor's and Master's degrees. Their parent company, Career Education Corp., has recently paid out $10M in a settlement concerning allegations of falsified job placement practices, and deceiving students about accreditation.
'Technical' Problems While enjoying a wealth of students from around the country, Colorado Technical University has also come under nationwide scrutiny for a series of complaints, lawsuits, and fraud reports that include alleged incidents of the following:
• Refusal of access to transcripts
• Fabricated charges in excess of $4k, with no available contact for recourse or appeal.
• Deception with regard to career potentials and job placement programs.
• Circular bureaucratic transfer being used to deter students from resolving false charges.
• Students receiving poor or no customer service.
• Failed promises of guidance from a advisor.
• Deceptive recruiting tactics, misrepresent of job placement rates and have high rates of student loan default and student withdrawal.
• Student debts being sold to multiple collection agencies.
• Abuse of US veterans and VA loan programs.
• Predatory sales practices.
As a recruitment mill, they signed up just about anyone off the streets? i fell victim to there fraud scam, as they lured me into a contract and debt...I never graduate from high school, so they even lied on the application as well just to get the money from "Department Of Education" !
These fraudulent online college degree are straight bogus? For the same price of well established university, Colorado Technical University online sells you a high school level education, and when you realized you have been scammed, they neglect and ignore all of your contacts and requests. Not even a college transcript for what ever credits you did earned, by the way the credits are not even transferable to a local junior college!
Then they withdraw out of school and lock you out, and leave you with a debt crisis...