Colorado Technical University [CTU] Logo

Colorado Technical University [CTU]

Having problems with Colorado Technical University [CTU]?

Colorado Technical University [CTU] reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Sep 18, 2008. The latest review Admission/financial aid was posted on Dec 17, 2020. The latest complaint 1098 t was resolved on Feb 04, 2019. Colorado Technical University [CTU] has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 31 reviews. Colorado Technical University [CTU] has resolved 14 complaints.

Colorado Technical University [CTU] Customer Service Contacts

1866 813 1836 (Administration)
+1 719 598 0200 (Colorado Springs Campus)
+1 303 632 2300 (Aurora (Denver area) Campus)
4435 N Chestnut St.
Thu24h
Fri24h
Sat24h
Sun24h

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Colorado Technical University [CTU] Customer Service. Initial Colorado Technical University [CTU] complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Colorado Technical University [CTU] above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Colorado Technical University [CTU]. Discuss the issues you have had with Colorado Technical University [CTU] and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Colorado Technical University [CTU] Complaints & Reviews

Dec 17, 2020

Colorado Technical University [CTU] — Admission/financial aid

To whom it may concern, I am a student that enrolled in CTU and I had a family emergency and had to...

Colorado Technical University [CTU]success coach not being successful

M. Chapman has not shown any initiative to contact me on any of my concerns. I told her with ampule time about me only having one class and how I wanted to take 2 classes. She was no help told me to call financial aid. Which point they told me I should have reached out to her . so no one is really trying to help me M.Chapman was supposed to put an investigation on one of my papers and still no communication as to anything? She is setting me up for failure and would like a success coach that is team ME. She was given a message to contact me after her meeting at 11 am today she still cant reach out. I have surveyed her behavior at zero

Colorado Technical University [CTU]withdrawing

This school is a joke and money hungry, I took to classes with them when I got to my third I decided to change my career path and go back to a different college where I got my last degree, so I decided to withdraw from CTU well I talked to a lady and she said if I withdrawn at a certain date, that I will not owe no money, so I did, the withdraw process is a joke, because it took them 3 days to process it, and then when I get completely withdrawn I get a massive bill from them saying I owe them 13, 522.00, out of every college I've been too and changed my Career path I have never gotten stuff like this, this school is money hungry that's all there is too it, I reported them to the financial aid people, next is the BBB, There a fraud

CTU Social Staff Apr 25, 2019

We regret to hear about your experience. We're happy to look into any student questions or concerns. If you still need assistance or would like to provide further information regarding your matter, please feel free to contact our Ombudsman's Office at [email protected] Thank you.

@CTU Social Staff help @coloradotech.edu **

Colorado Technical University [CTU]education

I dont owe them [censored]. I paid my classes thru financial aid, the [censored]ers wont stop calling and begging for money. Shut them down. I even sent emails to like my advisor and other accounts of the school saying I was dropping out. They even said if im not active for 7 days my enrollment is cancelled, how come now theyre on my [censored]? Greedy [censored]. They [censored]ing suck.

CTU Social Staff Apr 25, 2019

We regret to hear about your experience. We're happy to look into any student questions or concerns. If you still need assistance or would like to provide further information regarding your matter, please feel free to contact our Ombudsman's Office at help @coloradotech.edu. The Ombudsman staff provides students with information about University policies, regulations, and procedures. Thank you.

Feb 04, 2019

Colorado Technical University [CTU] — 1098 t

Just called recently to see if they would me mailing my 1098t form and they placed me on hold for 4 minute...

Jan 04, 2019

Colorado Technical University [CTU] — Student Loans / 3 Classes shut off exam time receive Failing grades

I just heard about this lawsuit against Colorado Tech. University. I want in this as well. I was given 2...

Colorado Technical University [CTU] — I didn’t attend a full class I owe nothing the school is garbage

They harass me and threaten me and claim I owe 3k I do not, I didn't attend an official class I logged on and...

Colorado Technical University [CTU]grants

I was doing online classes at Colorado tech they always had problems with trying to get their program right to where I could get onto my account to do my work I wasn't in the program long because I had asked them to close my student aid account because I may have been able to get into it to do maybe a months work and they told me they couldn't do that .then I lost my job was incarcerated and they never too that into consideration and not only that was living in a tent in the hardest part of summer trying to get by so now I am having to pay back all of the student loan and I am in default and it is on my credit report they never reimbursed me for anything and just kept adding to it when I got incarcerated I lost everything and had no phone no information or nothing

Colorado Technical University [CTU] — online education

I am actively being harassed by this supposed college. They are calling my husband and I up to 6 times a day...

Colorado Technical University [CTU] — misappropriation of federal student aid

I attended ctu from [protected] and had no problems. I re-enrolled in 2016 and have been screwed. I took 2...

Colorado Technical University [CTU] — constant calls

Calls me several time a day every day. Blocking the number does no good, as the call from a different number...

Colorado Technical University [CTU]education

I have a associate and bachelor degree from this school they never helped get me any jobs or certified in my field. Just took enormous amounts of money I'm in debt seriously I have applied to another but because all the hidden money they took out my pell grant is gone and so is everything else I need help this is not fair a school can rob you like this and you suffer can't even get my transcripts its not fair we have to suffer for their mistakes of mishandling funds the us department of education needs to look into this now!

RESOLVED

• Colorado Technical University [CTU]'s response · Apr 19, 2018

Colorado Technical University (“CTU”) strives to ensure its students’ educational experiences with the University are positive and rewarding. We regret that you feel your experience with CTU has not met these standards. To discuss your specific concerns, please contact the CTU Ombudsman’s Office at [email protected] and a member of our team will follow-up with you.

Thank you.

Colorado Technical University [CTU]degree program

Colorado Technical University is a accredited for-profit college with both online courses and physical locations in CO, offering Bachelor's and Master's degrees. Their parent company, Career Education Corp., has recently paid out $10M in a settlement concerning allegations of falsified job placement practices, and deceiving students about accreditation.
            'Technical' Problems While enjoying a wealth of students from around the country, Colorado Technical University has also come under nationwide scrutiny for a series of complaints, lawsuits, and fraud reports that include alleged incidents of the following:

• Refusal of access to transcripts

• Fabricated charges in excess of $4k, with no available contact for recourse or appeal.

• Deception with regard to career potentials and job placement programs.

• Circular bureaucratic transfer being used to deter students from resolving false charges.

• Students receiving poor or no customer service.

• Failed promises of guidance from a advisor.

• Deceptive recruiting tactics, misrepresent of job placement rates and have high rates of student loan default and student withdrawal.

• Student debts being sold to multiple collection agencies.

• Abuse of US veterans and VA loan programs.

• Predatory sales practices.

As a recruitment mill, they signed up just about anyone off the streets? i fell victim to there fraud scam, as they lured me into a contract and debt...I never graduate from high school, so they even lied on the application as well just to get the money from "Department Of Education" !

These fraudulent online college degree are straight bogus? For the same price of well established university, Colorado Technical University online sells you a high school level education, and when you realized you have been scammed, they neglect and ignore all of your contacts and requests. Not even a college transcript for what ever credits you did earned, by the way the credits are not even transferable to a local junior college!

Then they withdraw out of school and lock you out, and leave you with a debt crisis...

Colorado Technical University [CTU]loans

I am up to 60, 000 or more I debt with this so called school. I would like to sue them for the amount of funds they took out in loans if I could. I only received my associate degree and they won't release my transcripts because they say I owe an additional 1500, how in the world they are out to make money not achieve education success. They don't help you find employment just continue to call to offer you to come back to there school. This was the worst decision I ever made to get a degree from this school. The amount of money they used in my school funding I should have a bachelors degree. Someone needs to stop them from making the same fraudulent activity with another student thinking they achieving goals only to be left with debt and no real degree.

Colorado Technical University [CTU]education

Long story short I went to CTU and graduated but once I graduated they stuck me with a huge bill which was never advised to me. I had to take a class 3 times because on a conflict with the instructor. I was told by the school that they apologized and "dropped the ball" I have a ton of emails from different staff members which the turn around rate is ridiculous at this school. The Ombudsman department contacted me acting like they were the good guys and they were on the students side but they aren't they are paid by the school. The school has done this to numerous students if you look at their reviews. I wish I would have looked at their reviews before applying but all I can do now is warn others about this school. Do not waste your time trusting a school that claims to care about the students but just cares about money.

Colorado Technical University - Onlinepromise of getting a job after graduating

I did not know the cost of my tuition until I got the final bill. THen id got a bill for a class I asked to drop. I was told I was not allowed to drop the class I told the guy on the phone I hope this call is recorded I can't take stats now i have to much on my plate with moving. Then I got the bill after many phone calls i don't feel I owe this money. I did pay some of it but, I am not paying another dime after I FOUND OUT I PAID 56, 000 FOR MY EDUCATION. I STILL DONT HAVE A JOB IN THE PROFESSION I WENT TO SCHOOL FOR. NOW CTU WONT GIVE ME MY GRADES TO ASSIST IN GETTING A JOB. I FEEL AFTER 56, 000 PLUS THE 2, 000 I HAVE PAID PRIVATELY THEY OWE ME MY GRADES AT LEAST.

Colorado Technical University Onlinefraud loan complaint

I attended CTU for a few semesters while I was active duty. I had to drop out do to a death in my family. I explained this to the University beforehand and customer service understood. I decided to further my education with another school after the break. I then received phone calls from CTU collections and explained to them that I did not owe them money and that I owed the VA (Veterans Affairs) money for dropping a course. I spoke with the VA and they had verified that I should never pay a school directly when using my MGIB. CTU Online has refused to release my transcripts until I pay them $638.00
                    After long phone conversations and not getting anywhere with the CTU online customer service I decided to talk to a supervisor. Every time I ask to speak to a supervisor I get transferred to voice mail and never receive a call back; if I do receive a call back it comes from CTU online collections.
                    This is a scam and a horrible school and I don't recommend that anyone or any US Vet go to this school.

I will be paying the money that I owe to Veterans Affairs for the dropped class and not CTU online.

CTU Online College — refusal to answer questions

When I started at CTU online, I was told that I had enough student loan and grants to cover my expenses to...

Colorado Technical University - Online — misrepresentation, misuse of title iv funds

Great faculty — evil administration I am an mba candidate online with colorado technical university. I will...

Colorado Technical University Onlinetechnical issues with main frame server

It's as if these ###s who run the technical services at CTU online can't get their brains on straight let alone the hallow heads that hold them. This is the second time in the pursuit of two degrees or longer that the stinking servers have gone done and for non maintenance. Acts of GOD and nature my butt. They're doing it to sabotage mine and other students educations while soaking us thousands of dollars some of which come out of your pockets tax payers of America. Where do you think the FEDs get the money for student loans and grants? That's your money and mine being wasted. You'd think CTU could afford a nearly indestructable and an uninteruptable server or servers with redundant systems and backup systems as well. This prevents the inconveniences that happen when the server goes down and students are flunking due to assignments being late. Kinda hard to do my live chats, home work or to submit assignments etc. when the CTU online campus "vanishes" due to "technical issues." I think the issue is the idiot factor called CTU technical services. Sheesh does it really take that long to get a server back online? I don't think so. I can flip a light switch, fart or snap my fingers faster than they can get a server online? Something is seriously wrong with that. They pushed my pissed off button for the last time. This should be a crime having the server go down. We need a fully 100% funded and backed gurantee that the server will stay online no matter what.

technical issues with main frame server